“Wow...great breakfast!!!!”

Colonel's Delicatessen
Ranked #115 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Greek, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston, Tennessee
“Wow...great breakfast!!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Best biscuits and gravy I've ever had. Very peppery and just thick enough. Greek owner ...Mediterranean twist on some of the dishes like his potatoes with capers. Very good! Can't believe we didn't know this place was there. Driven by there many times and didn't know it was there. We will be back to try the greek salad with chicken. Great service too!!

Tucson, Arizona
“Outrageously good!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Taken there by some friends and I can't wait to go back. Breakfast special that day was chopped beef and eggs. Fantastic. My poached eggs were perfect colonels special home fried potatoes were also to die for. Made with capers and stuff they were the best ever. I reluctantly pass on this info for fear you all will start going there! Staff was great. Our waiter Michael was the best. A bit off beaten track but well worth the effort.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where the real locals go!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Excellent simple food with a Greek touch. The bacon is crisp in the morning and the burgers and gyros are flavorful at lunch. My personal favorite is the spinach pie and Greek salad. Colonels is not fancy but always nice and always good!

Visited April 2014
Springfield, Missouri
“Great for Breakfast! Don't let the exterior fool you!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Decided to try this place for breakfast since the reviews were so good; glad we did! I wouldn't have ever found it on my own nor would I have gone there if I hadn't read reviews. It is in an old small building set off the main drag, but a wonderful find. The service was better than I have received in many "nice" restaurants, the food was fresh and the atmosphere--well--local. No doubt many locals know where this place is, and as others have said, get the Colonel's Potatoes. The greek flavor is a nice change. French toast and chocolate chip pancakes were perfect.

Next time I'm in Knoxville, I will go back.

• Visited March 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Surprisingly excellent”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wake up, Knoxville -- this place is really good now and deserves to be better known. No mass-produced, off-the-truck and-heated-up food here. Breakfast features fresh fried potatoes that are actually seasoned, good omelettes. The Greek choices for lunch are good too.

• Visited January 2014