“Excellent Food - Spotty Service”
Review of Sunspot Restaurant

Sunspot Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 1,200 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love the food at Sunspot. Definitely on my top 10 list in Knoxville. The Carolina Pan-Seared Tilapia is my favorite but truly everything I've had here is delicious. I also love their (seemingly endless) beer and wine lists. I don't love the service at Sunspot. Sometimes they're great and you're not left waiting forever, but sometimes you have to wait for 20 minutes (at your table) for a server to notice you to order drinks. If they're on, they're great, if they're off, it's horrible.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was excited to finally go here & was disappointed by the food. Seemed a little scant on the servings, though that doesn't usually dissuade me from enjoying a meal. The food was extra salty, and I just can't hack the salt.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

As my husband and I travel, we always use our phones to search for unique restaurants to pick-up food. We did this yesterday, while traveling through Knoxville. Sunspot caught my attention because it had vegetarian options, as well as a variety of meat dishes for my non-vegetarian husband and mother-in-law. The menu was filled with unique dishes such as BBQ portabellas with fried green tomatoes. It was also not far off the interstate. We placed an order to go. I ordered the Sunspot Chimichanga, my husband had the Sweet Potato Tamales topped with Barbeque Pork, and my mother-in-law had the veggie burger. We found the meals to be amazing!! The spinach queso that topped the chimichanga was awesome! An added bonus was how fast they prepared our meals! We were back on the road in no time. We will definitely stop at Sunspot again the next time we are near Knoxville!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food is well made, the ingredients taste fresh, and the selection is more interesting than a typical American food joint. The service is pretty good, even in the later hours. Good beer selection

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Brandon turns out some remarkable food. I just wish they would add some of the amazing items from the Beer Dinner menus to the regular menu.