“First time there, but not my last!!!”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #66 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 16, 2014

A friend took me to cheesecake factory to celebrate my birthday. Whoa! I was not prepared for the splendor of the place. It almost looked like a palace with bright, rich, vibrant hues of red and gold. Wow! I think the place can seat several hundred or more. We were given a seat near the outdoor patio. The menu selection is phenomenal! I chose the Chinese Chicken salad. I about fell out of my seat when it arrived. It was 6" tall. The tall being long strips of rice noodles literally piled on top. I took most of them off, but the salad was wonderful. Our server told me this was a lunch portion. I cannot imagine the size of a dinner portion. My friend wanted us to have cheesecake also, so we did. Groan SOoooo full. I had Dulce de leche and she had Tiramisu. Both were excellent. Mine was a bit too sweet for me. The coffee was very fresh, but also too strong for me. Perhaps it was a French Roast. My friend loved the robust flavor, I did not. Our server could have been more attentive e.g. Refills for our tea, coffee, taking away plates and all those noodles I had put on my bread plate and also wiping up all the water from the glass that had a leak. I had to ask for everything. It was such a classy place, I assumed the service would be better. All of the presentations of food that I saw were totally incredible and plated beautifully. It is a very pricey place. Our lunch was $55, tip included: salads, desserts coffee and tea. The food was fantastic and I will go back. We were lucky to get in right away. I have heard there is often a long wait time.

There are newer reviews for The Cheesecake Factory

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have visited The Cheesecake Factory several different times.... it is about an hour and half from home so I don't get to go as often as I would like.

All meals have been good from there, but my favorite is the Red Velvet Cheesecake. I could eat it for days!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I love the Cheesecake Factory chain, but usually have to wait so long to be seated. Although it was 5:30 pm on a Saturday, we were seated immediately, maybe because there were only two of us. I asked for the Gluten-Free Menu and was surprised that my favorite dish, Pasta Carbonara comes in gluten-free also! That made me really happy and it was the best! This is my favorite gluten-free meal from a restaurant. They also have one type of gluten-free cheesecake. It's the Godiva Chocolate. The "crust" is somehow made with very finely chopped pieces of chocolate. It was amazing! I had mine with whipped cream. My husband ordered the Chicken Marsala and also said it was his favorite meal to get eating out, and the Cheesecake Factory does it the best!

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My partner and i went early on a Friday about 4. Had about a 10 minute wait. The hostess was very friendly and knowledgable about the cheese cake.
We both ended up ordering the Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken only my partner ordered just shrimp. Served on a huge plate but the serving of rice was huge. You will not leave there hungry. Probably have left over.
They have plenty on the menu which is huge! Try to save room for cheesecake or take home. They also have their home dressings you can purchase.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Had the chicken with basil pesto dish with angel hair pasta. Absolutely amazing!! The lemon raspberry cheesecake and the banana cream cheesecake were fresh and creamy and amazingly good.