“Southern charm and really good dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Puleo's Grille

Puleo's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Puleo's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,164 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Capon Springs, West Virginia
“Southern charm and really good dinner!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had dinner here, and it was real nice. the waitress brought bread right away that was just right. I had the Spa Salad and loved every bite -- spring greens, artichoke hearts, asparagus, and more with a delicious raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Others I was with had lasagna and steak that they enjoyed very much. Great dinner and dining experience!

• Visited March 2014

“excellent except for one item”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

the food was excellent the service was excellent the atmosphere was excellent. for dessert I ordered the apple pie with ice cream but to my dismay the apple pie was loaded with walnuts. there was no mention of walnuts in the apple pie by the menu or by the waitress.

• Visited March 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Food and Excellent Service!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were in Knoxville in February for a soccer tournament and wanted to have a team dinner. It came down to two places: Calhoun's and Puleo's. Calhoun's wanted to accomodate our group of 35 by splitting everyone up (even with a week's notice) which wasn't a big deal. However, when they refused to put the soccer team together in a group, that was the deal breaker. Oh well; their loss!

Puleo's did absolutely everything to make certain that orders were taken efficiently, drinks were kept up with and food came out hot. The food was delicious, serving sizes were very generous and everyone seemed to really like what they ordered. My husband got their Pizza and I had the Eggplant Parmesan (which was excellent!). I also had a side caesar salad with probably the best caesar dressing I've ever tasted (they make their own dressings)!!

I would highly recommend Puleo's and this location in particular!

• Visited February 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Not one of the best chains in town”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For a local chain, founded by a chef, I was expecting more. Their menu is getting stale, as is their décor. The food was decent this time, but they're inconsistent across locations, as is the service. They need some management help.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank MToddCramer
Phoenix
“Best Food Ever!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I make a trip from Phoenix, AZ to Virginia once a year. We always make sure to stop in Knoxville, TN to have dinner at Puleo's Grille off of I-40 for a fabulous dinner!! The food is just amazing!!
We always start with the Calamari and then I get the shrimp and cheese grits with a little andouille sausage. After driving 12 hours in traffic, just knowing how good the food is keep you going the last couple of hours.
Tonight, the manager, Jacob Pinter stopped by to make sure we were happy and we got into a lively conversation about music. Katie, our waitress made sure the food kept flowing and her desert suggestion just really rocked it!! See pics and drool!! I'm already planning my meal for our return trip home to Phoenix. I love good food and a great atmosphere and this place has it all!! Check it out and you'll be a happy camper too!!

Visited October 2013