“Not one of the best chains in town”
Review of Puleo's Grille

Puleo's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Puleo's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

For a local chain, founded by a chef, I was expecting more. Their menu is getting stale, as is their décor. The food was decent this time, but they're inconsistent across locations, as is the service. They need some management help.

2  Thank MToddCramer

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I make a trip from Phoenix, AZ to Virginia once a year. We always make sure to stop in Knoxville, TN to have dinner at Puleo's Grille off of I-40 for a fabulous dinner!! The food is just amazing!!
We always start with the Calamari and then I get the shrimp and cheese grits with a little andouille sausage. After driving 12 hours in traffic, just knowing how good the food is keep you going the last couple of hours.
Tonight, the manager, Jacob Pinter stopped by to make sure we were happy and we got into a lively conversation about music. Katie, our waitress made sure the food kept flowing and her desert suggestion just really rocked it!! See pics and drool!! I'm already planning my meal for our return trip home to Phoenix. I love good food and a great atmosphere and this place has it all!! Check it out and you'll be a happy camper too!!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was very skeptical and I'm usually skeptical when trying a new place. We wanted someplace close to our accommodations so we tried this restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised. My meal was very good and the service was exceptional. He was very helpful and attentive. Whenever I'm in the area again I will definitely try this restaurant again!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had lunch here today, 9/27, and dinner at the one on Merchants a week ago. The lunch here was far superior to the lunch at the other one. Im my comment on the other location I said someone needs to pay attention to that location...that still goes. There is a world of difference between the two locations. The fish and chips here were better than the other location, too.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I read quite a few negative reviews and given my own very positive experience I have to wonder... The food was very good and our server was very professional and attentive. We do plan to go back and I can highly recommend this restaurant at the Strawberry Plains location!!