“Diamond in the rough”

Cuisines: Chinese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The chinese restaurant my family and I originally went to was shut down so I used tripadvisor to get the best reviewed chinese reataurant in the area. Every review said the store front is small and its located in an old strip mall but once you get past that and walk inside its a nice atmosphere and the girl serving is very nice. The food was great, service was prompt and it was very clean. I had the seseme chicken and it was different from what im used to in a GREAT way. The chef knew what he was doing and I tried the other meals my family had and they were equally as good. Dont let the outside appearance scare you off, we took a chance based on the reviews and we were fully satisfied. Give it a shot, you wont be disappointed.

1 Thank Bdrisgu

Tennessee
“Best Chinese In Town...Or Out Of Town!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We tried this restaurant for the first time a couple of years ago. We weren't expecting much because we had tried several other local Chinese restaurants and we were highly disappointed. We couldn't have been more wrong. This is hands down the best Chinese food I have ever had locally or out of town. The food is fresh, hot, and has wonderful flavor. We love the Hot and Sour Soup and the Crab Rangoons. Also the family that owns and operates the restaurant are super friendly. The decor is older but the restaurant always seems clean...even the bathrooms. We never go anywhere else for Chinese.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank TN_mama_2_boys
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to, HANDS DOWN!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I just don't even know where to start. The service is great, the place is clean, the decor is very nice, and the prices are more than reasonable. My faves are the moo shoo beef, the steamed dumplings, and the hot and sour soup. No restaurant anywhere has better hot and sour soup. You just gotta eat there. They open around 11 am, they close at like 8 or 9 pm, they're closed on Sundays and Mondays, but if you can just wait till Tuesday, you're in for quite a treat!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Missi J
“Great food and even better service!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is hands down the best Chinese in town, if not THE best I've had. I travel a lot and have been to many chain and privately owned Chinese restaurants. Golden Garden is a hidden gem. Exceptional food and outstanding service. Highly recommended!

2 Thank TimH20
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent American Style and Authentic Chinese- Many locals eat here.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I like nonchain restaurants and this is a great family-owned place. I have eaten here with my family at least 12 times and many more times at their old location (Hong Kong House). The daughter and son-in-law will take your order and the Dad will cook for you. The Dad has a certifcate from a culinary school in Macau and is very consistent with his dishes. We really like the orange chicken and we usually get two orders when we go. We also recommend trying the crab rangoon and dumplings for appetizers. Note: This is located in a strip mall in an area that is in the process of being revitalized. I have never had any issues and consider it to be quite safe (We actually live 40 minutes away and take the trip for the good food).

• Visited January 2012