“Not what it use to be”

Urban Bar & Corner Cafe
Ranked #831 of 1,200 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Urban Bar and Corner Café resides in the carcass of what use to be (in my opinion) one of Knoxville’s best bars…the BW3’s. I had many great memories from then. Cold beer, blue chip nachos, beef on weck, super hot chicken wings and good friendships.

Sorry…I got lost in the past, but I have to in order to think about the drastic changes. When entering the Urban Bar, I immediately noticed the differences. The place has a stale smell and the areas that were once filled with laughter are now filled with dark corners.
We made it to the bar, only to look at each other in amazement as our feet literally stuck to the floor. The metal techo bar offered little improvement.
The bartender was nice enough, but I am convinced that she did not even want to be there.
The saving grace was the jukebox and the outside patio. After dropping a few bucks in the jukebox, we sat outside.
I was able to remember the prior spring evenings sitting and watching the people pass by. It was a good feeling.
I cannot say that I would eat here. I also cannot say that I seen anything bad, it was just a feeling. I am also surprised that it is listed on the Delta Sky Miles dining list. I am really surprised.
In conclusion, if you are walking around the old city and want to sit out on the patio, the Urban Bar will do. Anything outside of that is a gamble, and one that I am not willing to take.

Reviewed July 10, 2010

best bartenders around!! best outside seating! really good bar food!!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Lacks atmosphere. No live music ever, which seems strange for a Old City bar. The food is bad to decent at best.

Reviewed December 17, 2007

Pool, darts, other games. Outside area for sitting. Not a club kind of bar. Nice atmosphere for chatting with friends, having a drink and relaxing.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 6, 2007

Cool vibe, decent beer prices and cheap pool. They also have one of those jukebox's linked up to the web, so there's more than just the usual musical fare on offer.