“A very disgusting place”
Review of Smoothie King - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smoothie King
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A very disgusting place”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This Smoothie King has received a 58 in the past 6 months on a health inspection. I heard that they hired a manager after that happened but he ended up leaving because of the owner being so difficult to work for. Speaking of the owner, I had a run in with him one time and he had beer on his breath and was red faced and glossy eyed like he'd been sitting in the back slamming back cold ones. I also spoke to a manager there (this was in the past couple of days) and he also had alcohol on his breath. I noticed while I was there that there were flies and gnats everywhere, there was an odd smell coming from behind the counter. There were expired retail food products for sale on the sales floor.

I asked for a smoothie with no bananas and asked for a blender to be sanitized because I am allergic, I still had a reaction anyways. This is the second time that this happened to me at this place and I know a couple of other people with food allergies who had issues with them. There was also a time that one of the workers was putting over 300 mg of caffeine in every persons smoothie without telling them, this could have killed somebody who was on heart medication. I have also seen employees outside smoking cigs and then come right in and make smoothies without washing their hands. All their "fruit" is from concentrate and is not healthy. And the icing on the cake, the day I had my allergic reaction due to them, I found mold in my smoothie!!!! MOLD!!!!!!

All in all, why would you risk putting yourself in danger by getting a product here when you can go to plenty of other places in Knoxville and a lot of them are not corporate machines ran by puppet idiots like Smoothie Kings owner who preaches being healthy but is about 60 pounds overweight.

NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank billtaylor696

“Unporfessional”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently went to the smoothie king in west knoxville beside the rush and when i walked intot the store, i wasnt greet there was a girl who looked no older than 15i outside in the front smoking in uniform with one of her friends and the other was sitting on the counter what looked like texting, the girl didnt move until after i saidd "i know what i want" the blonde girl proceed to bang things around and stood at opposite end of counter till smoothie was done blending and finally made her way over to take my money. My personal opinion, they need to get some new faces in there, ones that like their job and want to please their customers. Thank goodness i wasnt a secret shopper bc they would have failed! Better service on campus!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“kingston pike - smoothie king”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

i went to the drive-through last night about 9:30 and got a rasperry collider, and i must say, it was very good. super service as well. i'd like to try some other flavors in the future.

• Visited April 2012