“LOVE Sonny's!”

Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Cleveland, Tennessee
“LOVE Sonny's!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Since being introduced to Sonny's in Florida several years ago, we have been fans and love to eat there whenever we come across one. This restaurant is about 75 miles from our home, but we might actually be tempted to drive there just for the meal! It's not often we drive through Knoxville that we don't stop by for a plate of delicious ribs and fixin's. We usually share the rack of ribs plate and there's more than enough for the both of us. The BBQ is always yummy! Prices aren't bad and we always receive good, and friendly, service.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Vicki S
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Vicki S, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy your experience at our Florida locations when you visit. We hope to see you soon at our Knoxville location!

NC
“Sonny's is the best BBQ period! Get the "all you can eat" ribs and see!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went to the Tennessee Valley Fair not knowing there was a Sonny's in Knoxville! What a great surprise!! Got the all you can eat ribs like I always do....they are awesome!!!! If you want real awesome bar b q go to Sonny's. And to Sonny's may I take another opportunity to ask you to put one in Weaverville, NC where I live! (Asheville) PLEASE!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank yourtravelbargain
Raymore, Missouri
“Reunion 2013”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Pam was great as a server, gave a good review on the menu as this was our first time there. Got more than our money's worth for good BBQ.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Stephen J
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Like BBQ?”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great choices, great food, great prices! Took family. Father's Day meal at 3:00. Have been before, will definitely go again!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jk L
Salisbury, Connecticut
“This yankee really liked it”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My East Tennessee wife and I dined here tonight at the suggestion of a waiter at at a nearby Outback Steakhouse the previous night, and we were both very pleased. She knows barbecue and is pretty opinionated about what is good and what isn't, and I am pretty much a rookie, but I know what I like.

We started out with the deep fried okra appetizer. When I cook okra I usually pan fry it, so this was different but good. It was nicely done and appropriately flavored. I try to get a mild cajun touch on it when I cook it, and they did better than I do.

My wife had a pulled pork sandwich, and while she said it did not measure up to the pulled pork sandwiches she grew up with in Chattanooga, it was still excellent. I had a super combo (chicken, rubbed ribs, sliced pork, pulled pork) and found all to be very well prepared. Nothing was gooey, and nothing was too dry (that is a frequent complaint in barbecue restaurants I have found). The sauce provided at the table (the stronger one) was perfect on all of these. The french fries were just fine, and the baked beans were wonderful, not overly sweet as they often are.

Wife had peach cobbler a la mode for dessert (pronounced it excellent) but I was stuffed by then (also consumed a large beer). The service was attentive and unobtrusive. While they had Fox News on the TV, at least it was muted and Leanne Rimes was playing on the sound system.

A very good dinner, IMHO, and my wife is a testimony to the fact that this is barbecue that even someone raised on the stuff can get excited about.

• Visited May 2013