“Excellent”

Cuisines: Chinese
Kingsport TN
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food was great, the service profound and the atmosphere charming. The restaurant has been there many years.

Visited February 2013

Mary Esther, Florida
“Good Chinese delivery to hotels!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

While staying at a hotel off I-40 near Knoxville, we elected to order in after a long day on the road. This was one of only two restaurants in the area (the other pizza) and we were skeptical. The dishes we ordered included General Tso's and Kung Pao Chicken, each for $6.50 including fried rice and egg roll. I typically enjoy Chinese on the spicy side, and both dishes did not disappoint! Portion size was larger than expected and neither of us could finish.
In summary, if you are staying with one of the hotels on the eastern side of Knoxville, you will enjoy this alternative. I cannot rate the facility itself, like others have, because I did not visit it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rick O
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Eat roadkill first.”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

If you're thinking about paying $10+ apiece to sit in a gross cafeteria-style room with peeling carpets and eat this "food," I suggest you comb the roadside and keep your money. The salad bar was pathetic: wilted iceberg, mushy tomatoes, dried-out onion, stale cheese, fake bacon bits, oily dressings. The shrimp was dry, grainy and so salty I couldn't eat it. The mussels and crawfish were gritty and had been sitting out forever. The potstickers were hard. Most of the other things were squishy balls of cornstarch paste floating in colored corn syrup. We should have walked out, but we didn't and we paid the price. I was sick before we even left and my husband was sick soon after. For that ridiculous price we could have gotten a nice meal in a place that doesn't resemble a gas station. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

• Visited January 2012
Knoxville
“Best Chinese Buffet in East Tennessee”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

My family and I goes to the Golden Wok at least twice a week. The food is delicious!! We have been eating at the Golden Wok since they opened in 2002. We never get tired of it. The selections are always great. The service are also very friendly. I would strongly recommend everyone to eat at the Wok!

Columbia, SC
“Favorite Place to eat on a Knoxville Road Trip”
Reviewed October 22, 2007

The Golden Wok is a stop each and every time we make a trip to Knoxville. The food is fresh and well prepared. The buffet has any type Asia food imaginable and has many other America favorites (fish, chicken, pizza) The owners are very friendly and always make our visit a positive experience. I would suggest the Golden Wok to all travelers heading up I-40 and it is very convenient on and off of the interstate.

Been to Golden Wok Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!