“Typical cafeteria, however, showing lots of wear.....”
Review of S & S Cafeterias

S & S Cafeterias
Ranked #292 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food was OK by cafeteria standards, however, I always question the quality of the food at these places and confess this is not my favorite type of dining experience. The dining area was quite worn and my chair was pretty wobbly....

To be fair, my elderly guest was quite pleased with her "chicken and dumplings", so maybe I just don't appreciate this type of dining....

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have never reviewed a restaurant before, or really anything before, however I will share my thoughts with you while my wife is getting sick after eating there. The food that should have been hot was only mildly warm. The little meatloaf I had was cool and bloody, the other meat I had I could not tell you what it was, even the string beans tasted like the metal can they came out of. The food was generally not very tasty. We had one senior in the group and one child. It should have been a bargain for a cafeteria style setting, but to the tune of 47 bucks, it was no deal. Pricing was not properly posted and every thing you put on your plate just adds up when finally get the bill. I will never go back again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is what you expect when you go to a cafeteria. Walk down the line pick each dish as you go by. I was totally lost though as this was my first time there. The signage isn't that great and I was confused as to how it was priced and if there were any combo plates. Halfway down the line I finally asked one of the ladies giving out sides and she explained what I could get with the fried chicken I just got to make it a combo, 2 sides and a bread.
I got 1/4 chicken, white meat. It was good pretty juicy and fried well. Pinto beans for one side and they were great also. I got the big yeast roll and it was also good.
I never usually get dessert but the guy in front of me got an apple dumpling that looked good so I got one also. This was probably my only food complaint. It was cold and possibly from the day before. (I was the second guy in line when they opened.)
The waitress I had was very good until some employees (management) came and sat near then she talked to them most of the time.

1  Thank KevinW
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Old style cafeteria in Bearden close to downtown. Good homestyle cooking. Food fresh and well prepared

1  Thank TNBillm
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have beecoming here for quite awhile and have never been disappointed in the food or service.Just good homemade cooking and great desserts.