“Will never go back. Ever. (TERRIBLE customer service.)”
Review of Jimmy John's

Jimmy John's
Ranked #730 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Description: We serve from-scratch food made with excellent ingredients. At Jimmy John's our food is simple; it’s clean, and it’s fresh! We use locally purchased produce, which is brought in fresh and hand sliced daily. Our tuna salad is made from scratch by hand. Our real provolone cheese, oven-roasted turkey, choice top round roast beef, real wood-smoked ham, dry cured genoa salami, and spicy capicola, are also brought in fresh and sliced by hand daily – in every single Jimmy John's location. Our bread bakers bake our French bread all day, every day. We try to manage bread so that all of our French bread is served within four hours of when it was baked. If you like whole grain wheat bread, try the 9-grain wheat bread – thick sliced and pretty close to perfect. Dine-in, carry-out or delivery (even just one sandwich!). Best sandwich around!
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been to many Jimmy John's restaurants in my life, and I love the chain overall for their customer service. However, at this particular location, they don't care about respect for their customers. I am a seasoned JJ's diner, but it was my friend's first visit. We'd been there two minutes and my friend hadn't yet decided what he wanted to order, but that didn't stop the JJ staff from annoying him with, "Hey, aren't you ready yet?! Hurry up!" It was really rude, and we were the only ones in the restaurant!

They also don't have free water on tap or free hot peppers, which every other JJ's I've been to does. Why not this one? Why do you have to pay for water here? Finally, and worst of all, my sandwich was made with half-baked bread. When I complained about the uncooked dough, the manager gave me a hard time and suggested something was wrong with me, not the sandwich. Really? Really.

1  Thank 20stravelerb

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I guess speed is the only appeal here - for the life of me cannot see any other bonus. You have no choice of anything, not even bread (I think they charge you extra for wheat!!!!!!!) They are not "allowed" to sell water from the fountain machine, because they're near campus, what the hell is that about. They have NO unsweet tea. The sandwiches were so lame, it actually made me miss Subway. Jersey Mike's is gone - the best subs ever - and this place is still there. Makes no sense.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

for a quick service restaurant they do a good job on quality and presentation. the meats and cheeses are obviously good quality with fresh veggies.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Its jimmy johns. Good food. Staff a little slow but friendly. You been to one youve seen them all. It was clean. Wished they wouldve toasted my bread.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Poor front end understanding. Quick sub-making. Quality seems to have declined. Floor was really wet and several employees walked by and didn't do anything.