“Great”

Copper Cellar West
Ranked #128 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Copper Cellar West is Knoxville's classic steak and seafood house. We feature prime grade beef, seafood flown in daily and Knoxvilles best Sunday brunch. We have been one of Knoxville's top restaurants since 1977. We look forward to serving you. Cheers.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have lived in Knoxville my whole life and never ate here. My husband took me here for my birthday and it was great! The service was friend and fast. The atmosphere was nice. A little dark but I guess its to set the romance mood!!! Loved the way it made it look like a cellar though. The food was amazing. They makes the best steaks. They melt in your mouth and they cook them how you ask!!!! It is a little $$ but for special occasions its great!

1  Thank kmf0314

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Maybe Knoxville just doesn't have a wide variety of restaurants, but I do not understand how Copper Cellar stays open. It is dirty and the outrageously-priced food is gross! Very disappointing.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I went there earlier this week and were really disappointed with the cleanliness, food quality, and value.

The restaurant is dark and very outdated: old, dark, dirty carpet with old, dark, dirty drapes. Once we saw how dingy the place was, we were surprised that it didn't smell any worse than it did. The table we were seated at was dirty and had food and trash under it.

I ordered the Veal Oscar. It was inedible. The veal was incredibly oily and the asparagus was overcooked to the point that it had shriveled up, so it was tasteless. The worst part by far was the bernaise, which was simply awful. It was incredibly salty and beyond sour. I worked as a line cook several years ago, and my old chef would've fired me if I'd put together a sauce that bad. The staff at CC did take the veal off of our check and brought me a pretty good burger. The burger is actually what kept this review at "Poor" instead of "Terrible."

It is incredible to think that people pay good money to eat at this restaurant. We will not be back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were in town for a ballgame the next day. Wanted to be close to the school. We could not get reservations downstairs, so we ate upstairs. It was very noisy, but the food was delicious. My prime rib was cooked to perfection. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went after a game, so it was packed. But the lively bar area was great way to pass the 45 minute wait. We ate downstairs, which we were told was "fancier" than upstairs. Our server was prompt and attentive. Friends ordered salads, salmon, and steak. They were all declared great. I had lemon chicken, which was okay. I would recommend this place. Had great time!