“Humid, old”

Copper Cellar West
Ranked #140 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Copper Cellar West is Knoxville's classic steak and seafood house. We feature prime grade beef, seafood flown in daily and Knoxvilles best Sunday brunch. We have been one of Knoxville's top restaurants since 1977. We look forward to serving you. Cheers.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Going to the Copper Cellar I was excited to experience some high-quality food in a restaurant with a pub-like feel; however, going into the restaurant I was greeted by the smell of "public bathroom", that cleaner and cheap soap smell. I thought it would be only in the front area by the hostess stand as the bathrooms were near the front. However, the smell followed us to our table. The whole restaurant felt old, dated, dirty and humid. It was quite expensive for the quality of the food ordered. It took a long time for our food to arrive and our waiter seemed quite harried although there were only two other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. Overall I regret picking this restaurant for our celebration dinner because there are a slew of other fine restaurants we could have picked from. Oh well, lesson learned.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My dad invited me and my fiance' here for Sunday brunch. He and his wife eat here very often, so much in fact, that with the various staff calling out hellos / how are you's one would have thought my dad was Norm and the restaurant was Cheers. Our server was a recent UT grad and was very personable / knowledgeable about everything the restaurant had to offer. There were fresh waffles, made to order omelettes, every breakfast meat you could think of, veggies, pasta, fruits, desserts and it was all fresh, tastefully served and delicious. It was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a while.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We wanted to eat where the UT kids hang out so we went here. It was nothing great. Nor, was it bad. I had a turkey burger and it was what you would expect. My son had wings. He thought BWW better. But, again, he didn't think they were bad.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband & I celebrated our wedding anniversary here along with friends (also celebrating their anniversary). The restaurant treated us royally, enhanced by our waitress, Brenda, who even took our photos and mailed them to us. Dinner was delicious and perfectly cooked (I like a rare filet). The other three had veal oscar & veal marsala, also described as delicious. Thank you, Copper Cellar, for a delightful and delicious evening.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently revisited this restaurant, one of our favorites. I have to say that I had one of the most delicious meals I have ever had: the Veal Oscar. The crab was very plentiful, the asparagus was cooked to perfection, the sauce was perfect and the veal was very tasty. The first bite was awesome, and I eagerly anticipated the next and the next. The service was perfect: attentive but not disruptive. We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. This time was absolutely outstanding.