“Food C+, Cleanliness D-”

Chandler's Deli LLC
Ranked #154 of 1,179 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Knoxville, TN
“Food C+, Cleanliness D-”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

There are some restaurants that get good reviews because they have great food. Other restaurants may get good reviews for huge portions and then others just for popularity. This place - it must be the large portions/low prices and the popularity cause it sure AIN'T for the quality and definitely NOT for the cleanliness!!!

My father and I split a barbeque sandwich and fries and added on an ear of corn. The barbeque amount was huge on a dry old cheap store-bought bun. Barbeque was OK except for the nasty gristles we got. The corn - I'm not sure if ANYONE could boil corn to such a rubbery state as this place does. Honestly - they should have paid ME to eat it. French fries from a bag - come on! Even my little nephew could have done better than that.

Yikes Yikes Yikes. What a trap. To beat all, the soles of my shoes stuck to the floor as I walked to the table - which I also had to clean myself. Seems that EVERY surface in this place is covered in some sort of sticky grime. You know, there DOES come a point where you just need to overhaul a place and clean it with bleach and abrasive cleaners. That's what needs to happen here.

What was I thinking even stopping here??? We passed the Pizza Palace to get here, and I even contemplated stopping THERE instead of here. Definitely hindsight is 20/20 because I most definitely should NOT have stopped here.

• Visited October 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Good Soul Food”
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Chandler's several times and they do have great soul food. I don't like everything I've had, but you can't go wrong with the rotisserie chicken, Mac n cheese, and pinto beans.

1 Thank JACoppo
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Wonderful food and gracious service greeted me at Chandler's Deli on Magnolia Avenue, Knoxville. The pork ribs were offered with mild, medium, or hot sauce: I chose the medium. The fried okra was crunchy and delicious. I tried the collard greens: oh, my, what a delight on the palate, with a savory chunk of pork in the serving. The pork ribs were sauce-slathered and bone-sucking good. It seemed like there was a quarter-pound of meat on each rib! To finish the meal, a wonderful serving of cobbler with sweet peaches and a flaky crust.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SnappyTrails441
Atlanta, Georgia
“got some stretch pants handy ?”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

i hope ya do, cause you will need them for about a week after ya get done noshin' on these high calorie menu items. this is a great place to go after a hard days work, cause it's purty good comfort food, and you'll be in good company, cause ya won't be the only person around sneakin' to undo that top button on your pants. with all that said, bon appetit !

• Visited March 2012
Maryville, Tennessee
“Not as special as I expected”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Heard a ton of great things about this place, but have gone twice and was less than excited either time. They do a great TV commercial, but going there is not as special.

1 Thank Craig C