“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have had soup from this place once or twice, but a friend just loves it and I decided to have it for a special party for this friend. The menu specifies that they sell their soups by the gallon! So I called several days a head of time to make sure they would have what I wanted on the day I wanted!! I was NEVER EVER so rudely treated as I was by these people and I will never go back to this place again for any reason.
I was told that this particular place "does not sell by the gallon"....Why, I asked...I was told in NO uncertain terms this....."We don't sell it by the gallon because we can make more money selling it by the cup, therefore we don't sell it by anything other than the cup." I explained that this is what their menu says they do..."We don't care what it says....we make more money selling by the cup"!!!
This is no joke and I am not kidding or making this up in any way....this is exactly what I was told! I can not believe any one could be so rude and nasty!! I am also complaining to their corporate office if they have one!! There is no excuse for this behavior or attitude what so ever! If this place had changed their minds about this policy there were so many different and polite ways that it could have been handled!!!!
I will not go back to this place and I will inform my friends of their nasty attitude as well!!!
Shame on you!!!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank travelinaround2day

Crossville, TN
“Terrible Eggs Benedict”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Went to this place (Also called the Market Square Kitchen) for breakfast this morning and had some of the worst Eggs Benedict ever. The eggs were cooked as hard as rocks and the presentation was very unappetizing. Will not be going there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
knoxville, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Manager/Owner!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

The owner of the restaurant refused to take food off the bill that we did not recieve then yelled at me and my girlfriend in the middle of the dining room. The food was decent and server was apologetic but the owner was extremely hostile and argumentative. I manage a restaurant and have never written a negative review before, but someone needs to know about this.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rkellenberg
Maryville, Tennessee
“Awesome lunch spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

I have been going to the Soup Kitchen (Oak Ridge) for years and they consistently have fast service, great soup, wonderful prices, fresh bread! Enough said!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Comfort food (on uncomfortable chairs) at a good price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Comfort food (on uncomfortable chairs) at a good price.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook