“Best bang for your buck $”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #623 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Never fails to appease us. Food is great. Good service along with comparable prices which beat out most of their competitors ....will def be back!!!

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've enjoyed going to Red Lobsters in the past in different locations, my wife went to one with me for the first time last year (at another location) and loved it. So we were happy to see one relatively close to home to try out. But had this been our first experience at a Red Lobster, given all the dining choices available in Knoxville (the dining-out capital of the universe from what I can tell), I wouldn't go back.

But I will (eventually) give them another shake to see if this was a bad night or typical.

We started with a couple drinks (priced right), and Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms and some Lobster Bisque. The mushrooms were "ok", certainly not bad, but not over-the-top. They were nice. The bisque was passable but again, nothing over-the-top.

We also had a clam chowder which may have had some clams in it, but it was hardly provable,

For main dishes we had the fried dinner - the Admirals Feast, and a Broiled Flounder.

The flounder was dry and not tasty, the Admirals Feast - was a fried dish - was not of the semi-crispy variety (and I think it's supposed to be since I've had this before elsewhere) but rather of the "lets dredge it through some batter, save it for a day, then cook it. Or cook it and save it for a day.") It just wasn't up to par, in fact parts of it were not hot (not cold, mind you, just not hot).

The ambience of the restaurant is excellent, we had no complaints about it. The service was ok, but inexperienced... we were ready to spend another $15 on after dinner coffees and deserts, but the check showed up with a "do you want anything else?" query which effectively turned me off.

Note to management: coach your servers to solicit add-ons or up-sells, at the very least something like "would you care for some desert or maybe a coffee or after-dinner drink"? questions before plopping down the bill and closing escrow (so to speak).

So, not the best performance (food prep wise). Service: ok, but lacked maturity, ambience: great. There's a lot of potential here and I like Red Lobster as a brand, so like I said, I'll be back.

But I'm in no rush.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Been going here for years with senior inlaws (since they wanted seafood). I have been giving them a pass for way too long. In a nutshell, this place stinks! Service is slow, staff is clueless, and each visit brings new and different angles of stupidity and zero customer service.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Love the food and daily specials, especially for shrimp!!! Prices affordable and food servings very satisfying. Ok, maybe serving sizes too much, but better that than too little. Couple of dislikes: Dislike bill being put on table before I've finished my meal. Dislike it when order is inaccurate, example croutons on salad when explicitly asked they be left off. I wouldn't have mentioned the latter, but it happens too many times. Lack of listening to the customer's order.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Had not eaten at a red lobster in years thought we would give it a try. Food was awful tasted like frozen microwaved shrimp. Was not fresh at all. Now I know why we had not been in so long will not be going back.

1  Thank diastolic