“Good food, good service”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #55 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Wait staff was very attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Each dish we had was delicious, served quickly, and made with quality ingredients.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Best Thai in town. There are a few others that make for a decent meal, but I always make it it to ToT when in Knoxville. Sticking to the traditional--i know boring--Larb Gai, Tom Yum and Pad Thai always meets my expectations.

If you are feeling healthy, try the beef salad, spicy. Its delicious. As is the basil sauce entree my go to choice--with Chicken.

The new location, in a stand-alone building across the street, is a big improvement to the 'storefront' next to Dick's. The spaciousness, cleanliness and atmosphere is worth the uptick in prices on the menu.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had lunch here today, after hearing of this restaurant on Chef Garrett's Knoxville TV show. It was a little hard to find; two different address in Yellow Pages. It's a little off a main drag. It was quite busy, but we had no wait. Wife and I ordered different dishes and shared them. Both came with watery soups (maybe that's the way Thai soups are). We ordered the house special fried rice with beef and cashew chicken. One can order spicy on a scale of 0-4. We both ordered 0, really bland. Although we ordered water, I noticed that Thai iced tea was $3.00, wow it better be good. We might go back, but will definitely tell others aboutit.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I have always enjoyed this restaurant. We were sorry when they moved to their new location only because prices increased and service seemed to decrease and the overall dining experience is not as pleasant. Good for business I guess. The food is very good and they honor your ability to decide how spicy hot you would like it. A minor objection that I have is that they charge an extra $2 for brown rice. Worth the trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We finally made it to the new location. It's not as crowded as the old place but parking could be a problem unless you want to park at Lowe's. The food is good and plentiful. I tried the Drunken Noodle after reading some of the reviews and it really was good. Unfortunately they gave me someone else's order that was level 3 or 4 hotness first and I'm more of a 2 person. It was quickly discovered but the overhot taste stayed with me. Had enough for lunch the next day. Lots of people left with "to go" boxes.We tried fried spring rolls and pot stickers appetizers. Both excellent. Usually get Pad See-ew or Pad Thai and can recommend them both.