“Fried rice is so good I can't stop thinking about it! However the rest of the food is mediocre at best.”
Review of Taste of Thai

Taste of Thai
Ranked #54 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here twice, once as a couple, and once as a family (with kids). The taste of Thai fried rice is so good it's insane that the other food isn't worth ordering.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have gone here regularly since they opened way back when in the mall across from where they are now. I am a vegetarian and there is a lot of tasty stuff to eat here. I usually get masaman tofu or green curry with tofu. The outside area is nice when the weather is good and I recently learned that - though not really advertised that way - the outside area is dog friendly (at least the last time I was there a lady had a dog out there and they accommodated her and she told me it was a dog friendly patio).

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Bad Experience We ordered appetizers and our entree. After we were served our appetizers, the guest on the table next to us mentioned to their waiter that the entree is not theirs. The entree was then brought to us cold (Not This was not our entree. When we asked for the manager, the owner came to our table, not apologizing, saying what do we expect her to do. Instead of apologizing, she said that our waiter will have to pay for the food. This was not even our waitress fault, but the owner was rude and did not want to listen. Been to this restaurant many times, but this was the last. Owner was hateful and extremely rude .

2  Thank JCL045
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Used to go here for lunch a lot, but I got tired of the small portion sizes. I ordered a dish with onions in it, and there were a few pieces of chicken, and way too many onions. I just don't get enough to eat, and it isn't cheap. I have been for dinner, and the portion size was at least double the lunch's.

1  Thank Hawngry
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Taste of Thai has been in the area for years. Recently built new location near the old. Stopped in for lunch. Restaurant was packed. Sat in the bar, no problem. Bar man was the waiter. Seemed to know little or nothing about the menu, including the Thai names for lunch specials. Ordered the lemon grass soup, AWFUL. Looked like dish water, smelled like dirty feet. Balance of meal was ok, but just ok.