“Good Thai Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Thai Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant has just moved to a new building across the street from the original, They have great Thai food. I love their Masaman Curry.

• Visited September 2012

Tennessee
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My boys and I love TOT! My youngest is quite picky, but he asks to go there at least once a week. Since all the dishes are made to order, they are really great about leaving out things that you don't want, and also adjusting the spiciness to your individual preference. I've never had a bad meal here. The service is always good too, even though they are quite busy most of the time.

Vonore, Tennessee
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We make a point of eating at this restaurant every time we seek great Thai food in Knoxville. The selection is extensive and the food very good. They are happy to adjust the dishes to accommodate your taste for "hotness". Service is efficient and fairly quick but each order is individually cooked. They have just moved to a new and better quality location basically across the street. If you want good Thai food - try this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
FL
“Hit and miss, won't go again”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in town to visit my old stomping grounds and went out of my way to hit this restaurant. What a let down. The place was overrun by locals...a good sign. It is not upscale, which for some reason, I thought that it would be. Rather, it was more like a fast food chinese restaurant atmosphere which wasn't a problem for us. We waited for about 15 minutes to be seated at 7:30 at night. We ordered fried spring rolls, green curry chicken (3 of 5 spice), and rama chicken (1 of 5 spice).

Let start with what was good: The spice level that they quote is roughly equivalent to what you would get elsewhere, maybe a touch lighter, but not far off. The rice was good (yes, I am struggling to not write a horrible review).

What was ok: The green curry chicken was adequate. If I went back again (which I would not), I would probably order a 4 or 5 of 5 spice. The taste was ok...edible. The dish was a bit light on chicken.

Now the bad...and I should say REALLY BAD: DO NOT...DO NOT order the fried spring rolls. Who creates a fried spring roll filled with nothing but stewed cabbage? Water had more taste than the spring rolls. Each member of our party took one bite and stopped. I should say that the waitress never inquired why we ate so little of the spring rolls. Also, don't bother with the rama chicken. It was overly sweet with no redeeming value. Again, the rama chicken was light on chicken as well. Again, the waitress did not ask why we ate essentially none of the rama chicken.

So, bottom line, if you live in Knoxville, you are being cheated out of eating good Thai. If you are visiting Knoxville, save your taste buds. If you are a Thai chef, head to Knoxville because they need you!

Maryville, Tennessee
“Overated”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This restaurant seems to get fairly good reviews and I don't understand why. I have tried this restaurant a few times and it has always been very average at best, last night was no exception. My wife had chicken with garlic sauce and the chicken was so tough you really had a hard time chewing it plus the flavor was weird and bland. This is not a hard entre to prepare, very simple yet we were told we should or drunken noodle, "it much better". I also had to remove empty beer bottles from the table to make room for the food, that is really not my job. I won’t be returning anytime soon.

1 Thank fagan222