“Breakfast Before The Big Game”

Pete's Coffee Shop Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came to Knoxville for the Georgia/Tennessee Football Game Weekend and the morning before Dawgs beat the Vols we had a fabulous breakfast at Pete's Coffee Shop in downtown Knoxville. This restaurant has a great location "off the beaten path" in downtown but it is close enough that we were able to walk to the main shopping district after our meal. We recomment checking out The Mast general store on Gay Street. Pete's is a quaint "old-style diner" that serves breakfast/lunch. The food was delicious. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place was crowded when we passed by it at lunch time. When we returned it had quieted down, so we decided to give it a try. We were told we could seat ourselves and we quickly learned that the window seats were preferred. We didn't care, except that the seating seemed pretty tight if you didn't have a booth by the window. But we did find a comfortable table.

The menu isn't huge and has lots of comfort-type foods. I wanted a light lunch, so I ordered a tuna sandwich. It was exactly what I had craved. My wife ordered a chicken cheesesteak sandwich, which I thought was out of place on the menu. She ate most of it, but said it wasn't great.

It wasn't expensive and the service was good. Nothing was bad, but nothing was great, either. The place is full of locals, so that must mean something. I'd go back for another try.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great Southern cooking & hospitality. This is probably the first breakfast place ever that cooked my bacon crispy - the way I ordered it - rather than greasy grizzle. Eggs cooked to perfection, generous servings, breakfast sandwiches looked yummy. Short walk from the Hilton & convention center. Service was fast & friendly. Good coffee.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I discovered Pete's when I was in town for a conference. They open early, so I had plenty of time to eat a relaxed breakfast before walking a few blocks to the meeting location. The service was prompt and friendly, and the food was brought to the table surprisingly soon after my order was taken. (I arrived between 6:45 and 7 AM each day and there were only a few customers at that time, so perhaps that was a contributing factor to the quick turnaround time?) There was a good selection of breakfast items and all were reasonably priced. I wish I had a place like this in my hometown! [Note: They also serve lunch, but I did not have the opportunity to experience that meal first-hand.]

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Happened into this cafe on a Saturday morning in Knoxville. Place was teaming with people, staff was hustling & food looked terrific. The food was down home breakfast fair & tasted excellent. Will make sure this is on the list to return when in Knoxville.