“Groupon users beware”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
“Groupon users beware”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the years and have always found the food and service to be very good. I do thing the food is a bit expensive for the quantity and quality so I always buy a groupon for this location when they are available. For the first time ever when using a groupon I was automatically charged an 18% gratuity. I'm glad that I noticed it because the server surely wasn't going to tell me. I was planning on tipping her well but I don't feel it should have been added automatically especially since it wasn't shown on the groupon or in its fine print. I probably would not come here again without a groupon of some sort.

• Visited December 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“not a decent restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family for dinner. There was only one waitress who was taking care of all the tables. At least 20 to 30 guest were there during my staying. First, the waitress forgot to provide us napkin and spoon. We had to ask for those and the napkin
I got was not cleaned properly. I found some food stain in the napkin. We had our 2 years old baby with us and the waitress did not ask whether we need high chair for her. She arranged the chair only after we asked for it. Even we had to ask for water for our baby. We ordered chicken Parmesan and blue crab alfredo. The alfredo was okey but the quantity was not enough compared to the price. The sauce for chicken parmesan was too much sour. chicken did not have any spices.
the whole restaurant is in a old house. The tables are very close to each other and a cheap white cloth is hanging between the tables to maintain guests so called privacy. To me it looked like I am having my dinner in road side cheap place. The noise level is high and. the floor is not in a good shape. Chairs are not comfortable and tables are not in level.

i would avoid further going to this restaurant in my whole life, Unless they make a major changes in both their decoration and food quality.

• Visited November 2013
Brighton, Michigan
“Amazing Food in "da Neighborhood"”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Traveling through the area, and went on Trip Advisor to read about some good eats. The prior reviews led us to Savelli's - and per their recommendations it did not disappoint. Food, ambiance, service - yes, Kat waited on us too! - were all OMG excellent. I had blackened tilapia with a white wine cream sauce over angel hair pasta, hubby had the steak (probably the most perfectly cooked steak he's ever had). Wish I would have known to bring some wine - so for you wanted to have a delicious dining experience remember to bring your favorite pours. We arrived around 6pm, didn't have reservations yet we were seated immediately. Within the hour every table but one was filled - so if you can reserve a table, might as well go ahead. A funny thing happened as we drove to the restaurant .... you drive through an older, sort of industrial area before you see the Savelli's sign and tiny building. Don't let the neighborhood fool you - it's plenty safe and seeing the Univ of Tennessee flag on the cars parked in front told us "Hey you need to eat here!"

Visited November 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Authentic Italian in Knoxville”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Outstanding service, good price points and excellent food put this head and shoulders above the rest in Knoxville. The chicken picata is superb and they let you bring in your iwn bottle of wine to boot. Better make reservations as the secret is out.

• Visited October 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I think this was the best sea bass and grouper ever! We've lived in Florida and eaten tons of seafood and this overshadowed them all! Small, intimate place that you can bring your own wine. Great place. We'll be back soon!

• Visited October 2013