“Very disappointed!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Some would call this restaurant intimate; I just called it crowded. My table was so close to the entrance to the kitchen that I was bumped several times as witstaff went in and out. The food was passable; not exceptional by any means. As a highlight the waitstaff was exceptional; service was great!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant! I had the eggplant Parmesan and my husband had the grouper piccata and we have been raving about it and will continue to spread the word of this family restaurant! Also try the bruschetta! Best I have ever had! The service was amazing by the owners daughter Kathleen! Ask for her because she knows everything about the food and ingredients! My favorite restaurant in Knoxville now!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The bread was great. Really, the best garlic bread - ever. My husbands Pesto Mahi Mahi was fantastic. I wish I could say the same for my Grouper Picatta but it literally was a stomach ache. I don't mean to be rude but the first thought that came through my mind was "I just bit into a stick of butter". I couldn't taste the fish or even the capers through the gobs of buttery grease my food was drenched in. It was our date night and I really wanted to like it but that poor fish died for no reason. Box it up for me? I think not.

The service was excellent - they were there when we needed them but didn't bug us to death to turn the table. they did forget to bring my husbands soup, but no biggie there.

Overall for $25 a plate there are much better options for dinner and ambiance in Knoxville...

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have grown up on this pizza, but about 5 years ago we tried it and it was awful. Tonight confirmed that it is still awful. The pizza was greasier that a normal pizza and didn't take or look NY style at all. Gavino's has the best NY style pizza in Knoxville but they were closed tonight. I was really hoping Savelli's had made a comeback, but it is apparent they have not.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Savelli's has been a Mainstay Hole in the wall restaurant at the top of the Knoxville Dining scene for years! It's not a chain (Thankfully!) and has all the accoutrements one would expect from a true family owned restaurant. The sense of camaraderie and Bon Homme is evident from the time you enter this intimate establishment until the time you pay the bill. Entrees are lovingly prepared in what appears to be a small but very efficiently run kitchen. I usually treat myself to a Pasta dish when I dine there, but their pizzas are also very good! Expect to pay 20.00 for most entrees which if I recall correctly, are served with hot sumptious Garlic Bread.. The use of fresh ingredients is evident in every entree I've tried and the redolence of the spicing will transport you in your mind to a fineItalian Trattoria in a cosmopolitan Locale such as New York or San Francisco! Knoxville is lucky to have such an urbane just this side of chic restaurant in its' couterie of dining establishments! Visit soon!

Even though the space itself is physically small, it's well delineated through the clever use of sheets suspended from the ceiling, which ensures an intimate cozy dining experience for all!

1  Thank Paul R