“Our new favorite brunch spot”

Bistro at the Bijou
Ranked #43 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the historic Bijou theatre, The Bistro has served the downtown area since 1980 with an eclectic mix of locally sourced food with an emphasis on healthy options along with gourmet hamburgers and fresh fish.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a great champagne brunch sitting at the antique bar. The champagne and food was reasonably priced. Heather the bartender was very nice and efficient. The baked goat cheese with heirloom tomatoes was really good. The wild mushroom bisque was one of the best things I have ever eaten. The atmosphere is very casual with a European feel. The music was all from the 40's and at the right volume. We plan on returning for dinner soon. A real pearl in the.sea of chain restaurants in Knoxxville.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This really seemed like I was not in Knoxville, but somewhere on the west coast, which is a huge compliment! I started with the Vodka Lemonade with blackberries.... perfection! The Heritage Tomato Salad had a lovely presentation. I was told that these tomatoes were grown by Martha the chef. My hamburger was a 10 as well. The bread that came out first was warm and homemade. I could eat here on a daily basis! My son thought his Fried Green Tomato sandwich was on the dry side, but still tasty. I don't think this is a good choice for kids.

1  Thank fauxmaven
Reviewed June 26, 2014

One Saturday night we went out w/o the children to listen to live jazz. It is a small, private bistro. We meals were good. I ate fish, which was wonderful. The steak was fatty and a little tough. We went for a walk. Then, cam back to have a few drinks and ate some wonderful hummus. The jazz was very nice.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have eaten here many times when visiting Knoxville. We just love the atmosphere. The service is always outstanding. A treat if you ever go to Knoxville.

1  Thank DinaH3428
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is one of Knoxville's best in my opinion. Always good, always fresh -- if they have something on the specials board that appeals to you, try it for sure! Great brunch with delicious biscuits, and very good egg benedicts. Dinners are also very good - the mushroom stroganoff I've had recently, as well as the Jumbalaya, both also excellent.