“My new favorite place in Knoxville”

Bistro at the Bijou
Ranked #44 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the historic Bijou theatre, The Bistro has served the downtown area since 1980 with an eclectic mix of locally sourced food with an emphasis on healthy options along with gourmet hamburgers and fresh fish.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We love going to downtown Knoxville to attend events and try different places to eat. We tried the Bistro at the Bijou the evening of Sunday, November 11 and were very pleased. Our server was very pleasant and the food was excellent... and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was cozy and quiet... perfect for conversation and relaxing. Just what we needed. I will be suggesting this restaurant as our new place to meet people when attending theater and other events downtown.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

On Gay St. Next to the Bijou Theatre. Often thought of a lunch place for the bankers and lawyers, the Bistro at the Bijou is also a great place for a casual dinner.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've only had lunch at the Bistro but I am never disappointed. I love the specials, their burgers, and salads. A lot of their food is from local farmers which make it even better!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our group of four had lunch on a busy afternoon. Out of all our entrees and sides, only 2 stood out, the beets with Gorgonzola and the Cuban Reuben sandwich. Tomato soup:bland; sweet potato fries:greasy, limp and tasteless!; green beans:mushy; squash cassorole:absolutely awful! They took perfectly good squash and added so much sugar and cloves that it was inedible. Salmon croquettes: hard as a rock with no salmon taste; rosemary chicken:dry; pork tenderloin:dry. I really can't recall ever eating anywhere with such disappointing food.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had heard great reviews from friends but the two visits to this establishment left me quite disappointed. The food was pricey and was not good at all. Will not return.