“Ribs by the River”

Calhoun's On The River
Ranked #8 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had ribs and slaw at a table by the glass overlooking the river. Great view and food. The coleslaw was some of the best I ate on this road trip (We concentrated on BBQ ). Another plus was they served Blue Moon on draft.

There are newer reviews for Calhoun's On The River

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by several people. My husband had ribs and I got shrimp. They were okay but nothing special.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The restaurant is on the Tennessee River but it's located in an industrial/construction area. If you like looking at oil/gas storage tanks this place is for you...The food was mediocre at best. The pulled pork was dry and flavorless.I tried the house bbq sauce and it was as bland as the bbq. I guess I should have tried the ribs...The server was very nice and efficient. If your going here before or after a TN football game it would probably be better. That would be the only reason I would come back...

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Walked down the street from the Marriott, not too busy on a Tuesday night ( 7-2-13) decided to sit outside and this turned out to be a pleasant dinner. Deck sitting does have a limited menu, so heads up there might be something you would like but not available for the deck. But, I bet they would make exceptions …. like the people behind us! They got what they wanted.

We had margaritas, wings, pulled pork. It was good, service pretty good, good view except for the bridge construction. UT football stadium is right down the river and I bet this is a fun place before and after football games. Did not care much for the BBQ sauce in the bottle waitress brought to the table. Prices are good, pretty much a good and worthwhile stop.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Enjoyed eating on the patio at this restaurant. Great view of the TN river, watching the boats, the Volunteer Princess and the TN Riverboat. Our waitress was excellent, food on the patio has a limited menu as to what is offered inside. Enjoyed the ribs! Will be visiting again next time we are in Knoxville.