“Enjoyable BBQ place.”

Calhoun's On The River
Ranked #8 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went here for lunch one day and really enjoyed it. I recommend the Hickory Burger and some sort of potato skin filled with pulled pork, bacon, and something else. They have good milkshakes if you have a sweet tooth and a good atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Calhoun's On The River

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great place right on the river. The view up and down the river is very nice. the food was good and so was the service. we had a good time here. We sat out side right by the water and we were able to see a fisherman catch and release a big fish. He caught it or one that looked like it again while we were having lunch.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for an event and had a large party of 26 people. We called ahead a week before, but were told they weren't taking reservations this week because of all the events in town. Although we were really worried that we wouldn't be able to get in, we sent a small subset of the group in early to put our name in. We sat at the bar and had good drinks and really good appetizers (fried green tomatoes, soft pretzels, and spinach artichoke dip; the best was the fried green tomatoes). Before we knew it, our two large tables were ready. The staff was very warm and friendly, and they did not act at all like it was an imposition to have such a large party to handle. The food was really good - I had the Ale Pork Chop. And the atmosphere was fun and interesting. We will definitely come back again next year when we are in town again, even with a large party!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I wish we had these places back in TX. I know I know, we are known for having good BBQ in TX. This place has us beat.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant a couple times with large groups. The food and service were good. I will go back next time I'm in town.