“Great location on the river and walk to the football stadium”

Calhoun's On The River
Ranked #9 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were in town for a college football game.
This restaurant has a great river view of the surrounding area of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
The food was casual- great chicken,ribs,pork barbecue, potato salad, cornbread and their own signature BBQ sauce. You can eat in or out on the deck depending on the weather. Reasonably priced, it is perfect to go there with a few friends, or a large group or just meet some new friends there.

2  Thank caroltravels4

Reviewed September 15, 2011

All the locals swear by Calhoun's for BBQ. I have been there three times now and find the food plentiful and good. I usually order pulled pork or ribs. Sometimes the ribs are just right, other times they are a bit tough. While it's not the best BBQ I have eaten (Montgomery Inn in Cincinnati gets that award) it is definitely worth trying.

Will go back again when I am in town.

1  Thank Rocket1978
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was on Knoxville on business and a friend recommended Calhoun's on the River. It's a little funny to get into, but nicely situated right on the river.

I saw at the bar and the bartenders were very friendly - gave me a sample of a local brew when I wasn't sure what I wanted to drink. I ordered the fried green tomatoes app (big enough to share), which was very good. Then I of course got the ribs which did not disappoint.

They were also setting up for music on their outside deck which looked like it could be fun. After dinner I walked up and down the riverfront for a bit.

I would definitely go back if I am in Knoxville again.

1  Thank Leenyboleeny
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I simply love this restaurant. The food is great; the service is better. Tammy, the General Manager is always a significant piece to my experience at Calhoun's.

Thank you, Tammy, for the magical moments you and your team create. See you the next visit for sure!

1  Thank MarcusRedmon
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I pretty much agree with the HawkT review. This is a good location for a pre-game meal, just a short walk to Neyland stadium. Food/service is good, but nothing spectacular. parking situation is pretty crazy on game weekend. The location on the river is very cool, however.

1  Thank Kingpin1