“Local Won't Go Back”

Bayou Bay Seafood House
Ranked #266 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I went back here after avoiding it for several years - We thought we would give it another try. Bad decision. When we were seated, we noted that the table felt grimy and sticky. The menu hadn't changed since the last time we were there. The waitress brought us a basket of crackers, which I found to be odd since we did not order a salad or soup. My husband ordered a grilled fish po boy - The fish was seasoned and cooked well, but was obviously not fresh. The new potatoes were good, but an incredibly small serving. (2 new potatoes - Really??) I had the chargrilled shrimp which was fine, and the side of red beans and rice was fine but a ery small serving. The hushpuppies looked delicious, but they were rubbery and chewly instead of crunchy... We ate everything, but 2 hours later we were hungry again.

Bayou Bay has mediocre food, but it is a terrible value for the portions that you receive. We could have spent that $30 on a lot better food at other restaurants in the immediate area.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The prices are moderate here. We've been here twice and have ordered the po' boys, which are reasonably priced and a good value. Maybe not quite as good as you would get in New Orleans, but they're still yummy. Service is exceptionally friendly. It's a good choice located between south Knoxville and Seymour.

1  Thank tumbleweeds023
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been to Bayou Bay Seafood House several time. I love the food there. I am a seafood lover and the Cajun touch they add is just right.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

The only Cajun restaurant in the area, but never seems to disappoint. Good food and good prices. Service is great.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Being from south Louisiana I know what good seafood is. This is not that at all. I had heard really good things about this place, so decided to bring my family to try it out. I ordered the "Bayou Bay oysters and my husband ordered the raw oysters. I couldn't get get past smell of the oysters. They were not fresh, much less from the "Gulf" as they stated. We sent the oysters back and decided to order the fried shrimp. It was ok, not the greatest and especially not worth $17.99. I would have to say the service was great, just wished the food was as well. We will not be returning to Bayou Bay!

1  Thank momonthego0403