“New changes have fallen flat” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro By The Tracks

Bistro By The Tracks
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro By The Tracks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,159 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Knoxville, Tennessee
“New changes have fallen flat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Didn't like the new menu and the service wasn't as good as it once was. I won't go back to the new bistro by the tracks, save your money.

Visited May 2013

Charleston
“NICE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I took my wife here for lunch while on vacation,the chef is my former culinary instructor and was not disappointed! My wife got the buffalo chicken sandwich with fried onion strings, the sandwich was really tasty and my wife loved the onion strings. I got the teriyaki steak with fried rice and broccoli, wow! what a taste explosion that steak was! I ate that in record time, absolutely delicious! The fried rice was awesome as well. I know the menu is going to change, but chef Chris Stallard is a great innovative chef, and whatever is on the menu will pack in some flavor! I can't wait to visit my friend again and see whats on the menu. The service was good and very attentive.

• Visited April 2013
Tennessee
“New chef, new menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

wonderful dinner and they have changed things up with a new chef.
they also have a new wine bar next door called 'Drink' where you can get a good wine by the glass and you decide how much of a pur you would like. this restaurant also has the best wine list in knoxville for a small locally owned non-chain establishment.
service is always great here. I kinda miss the fried green tomato salad appetizer, but am looking forward to going back soon to try more of the new items on the menu.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“New chef brings pretty dishes but worn-out "trends" with mixed results”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

There's a new chef at Bistro since our last visit, and all of the old favorite dishes are gone! In their place is a mixed bag of offerings with few bright spots. Much time is spent on "pretty" plates, but the main courses are mostly lacking in flavor and execution and there's a tendency towards purees rather than actual vegetables; a short-lived trend that has long been abandoned in NY, Chicago, DC, and other large cities, and should be here as well. Prices are higher, so the value is not what it used to be. Frankly, they would be better served getting back to basics, paying attention to content rather than solely appearance, and delivering a top notch meal in "Bistro" fashion. Even the Bombay Sapphire martini with a few floating slivers of ice, complete with 3 blue cheese stuffed olives they used to make for me was delivered lukewarm with two plain olives and the drink didn't even come within 1 inch of the rim - go to a smaller glass if you're going to reduce your pour that much! Still, the wine list can't be beat in Knoxville, and there were a few bright spots (e.g. the shrimp appetizer); I hope they balance the old offerings with the new and get the kinks worked out before I return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The exterior of this little gem is nice but it conceals what is truly a refined dining experience. Our host seated us at a nicely set table with comfortable chairs when we arrived. As I always do out of habit I scanned the dining room to look for clues about what to expect and my eyes did find a few things. The dining room was immaculate each table not in use was set. None of the decor looked tired or dated. And to my side I could see into a well stocked wine room. When I questioned my waiter about "Cake Bread", one of my favorite wines he not only assured me that they did have but invited me inside the wine room to view the selections available. Our delicious lunch was prepared and presented to perfection. The wait staff was attentive and extremely friendly. Will I be back? Without a doubt.

1 Thank TravelUnit200