“A favorite date night experience!”

Bistro By The Tracks
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro By The Tracks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,166 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A favorite date night experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband and I dine here frequently asking for a semi circular table/booth. We love martinis at the bar and every appetizer, salad, and entree that we have sampled. Great service, food, and romantic experience. Hghly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2011

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great place to take clients or meet up with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I have been going to Bistro for years, even when it actually was by the tracks. The new location is completely different from the cozy previous location. The new contemporary styled location reminds me of a restaurant you would find in a high end hotel in a metropolitan city. We prefer sitting in the bar area when dining at Bistro. The bartenders (Mary and Lana) have been employed with Bistro for many years, and take great care of their guests. They have an extensive specialty drink menu that they change out from time to time. The food is creative, and we love trying the nightly specials. In my opinion Bistro is one of the top five restaurants in Knoxville. Dine here before going to one of the high end national chain restaurants. B.Taylor

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank BruceandLeslietravel
Dallas, Texas
“A solid choice for Knoxville finer dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I've frequented Bistro By The Tracks both in its old location and the new location. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the standard of service has degraded (albeit only slightly) since its early days on Kingston Pike. That said, there are solid appetizers, salad and entree choices, the (award-winning) wine list is ample and the desserts always please (hummingbird cake, yum!). I think in its earlier days I would have considered it more of a date night restaurant. At its newer location, it feels a bit more like a place you bring colleagues. All in all I'd go again. I've never been for lunch, that might a nice time to visit and perhaps feel more casual. Also, a few friends have enjoyed some of the special tasting menu events -- I think that would be worth a try too.

Visited August 2010
2 Thank Marie F
“Excellent dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

Had dinner during the middle of the week which is always a good test of a restaurant's performance. We aren't big eaters so we usually split dinner entres. We had a 14 oz. rib eye and a poached pear salad. The filet was very tender and well prepared. It came with a twice baked potato. With the warm bread that came with the dinner it was plenty for two. For dessert we had Tiramisu that was not like any we had before but was OK. They have an EXTENSIVE wine list and the atmosphere lends itself to a relaxed dining experience. Split entre and salad with dessert and wine was $65 for the two of us. We would recommend By the Tracks.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good but it used to...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Very good but it used to be five stars - in the old days the server didn't ask, "Whata y'all wanna drink?"

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook