“A solid choice for Knoxville finer dining”

Bistro By The Tracks
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro By The Tracks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,186 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dallas, Texas
“A solid choice for Knoxville finer dining”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I've frequented Bistro By The Tracks both in its old location and the new location. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the standard of service has degraded (albeit only slightly) since its early days on Kingston Pike. That said, there are solid appetizers, salad and entree choices, the (award-winning) wine list is ample and the desserts always please (hummingbird cake, yum!). I think in its earlier days I would have considered it more of a date night restaurant. At its newer location, it feels a bit more like a place you bring colleagues. All in all I'd go again. I've never been for lunch, that might a nice time to visit and perhaps feel more casual. Also, a few friends have enjoyed some of the special tasting menu events -- I think that would be worth a try too.

Visited August 2010
2 Thank Marie F

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Had dinner during the middle of the week which is always a good test of a restaurant's performance. We aren't big eaters so we usually split dinner entres. We had a 14 oz. rib eye and a poached pear salad. The filet was very tender and well prepared. It came with a twice baked potato. With the warm bread that came with the dinner it was plenty for two. For dessert we had Tiramisu that was not like any we had before but was OK. They have an EXTENSIVE wine list and the atmosphere lends itself to a relaxed dining experience. Split entre and salad with dessert and wine was $65 for the two of us. We would recommend By the Tracks.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good but it used to...”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Very good but it used to be five stars - in the old days the server didn't ask, "Whata y'all wanna drink?"

“Huge portions. Homemade...”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Huge portions. Homemade fare. Very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love it! Incredible food...”
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Love it! Incredible food ... and I tried every entree of my friends while there ... that would be 7 total! Everything was fabulous! A little pricey, but a great special occasion place!