“Don't waste your money”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband made reservations at Naples for my birthday, I was excited because I heard good things about the restaurant. The restaurant was full when we arrived and the hostess asked us if we would mind sitting in back, I told her we had never been there before and didnt know what "the back" really was. So we were seated and waited 10 minutes before anyone came and took our drink orders. as we were reviewing our menu a huge party of about 40 people arrived. They were very loud and we felt out of place, we were the only people beside the 40 person party in that room. We placed our order and spent the next 15 to 20 minutes staring at the dingy old room and feeling uncomfortable and unable to have a conversation due to the loud party right next to us. We got our food and ate fairly quickly so we could leave. The food was not horrible but not very good. The portions are small for what you pay. If you have ever eaten real italian food, you will not enjoy Naples. I am Italian and grew up in an Italian family, we never ate pasta with raw peppers and onions in it. I have never seen pepperoni in a pasta dish. I got chicken marsala, it wasnt terrible but it was not good.
Our server saw we were uncomfortable and must have told her manager, because she came out and asked us if everything was ok, I told her it was my birthday and we were trying to have a nice family dinner and instead felt like we were crammed in a spare table next to a loud party. She asked if there was anything she could do, I told her in the future when she gets birthday reservations for a first time guest dont put them in a room with a party booked, and there should have been some kind of birthday thing like a piece of cake or something. I just wanted the check.

We will never return and I will make sure everyone I know will never go to Naples.

A bit of advice to Naples management, train your hostess to make better seating decisions, your servers should understand the menu items better. Update your menu and facility. Everything it out of date, old, and dirty. Do something special for people when they visit for their birthday.

1  Thank Lucia E
There are newer reviews for Naples Italian Restaurant

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went with a large group.
We must have picked a busy night because it took a while to be seated but after that the service was really good. Food was great, service was quick and friendly, and atmosphere was really good.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our first visit this past Wednesday 5/22 to celebrate our 9th anniversary. I called and I was able to secure a 6:30 reservation for the Wine Vault. Naples is locally famous for their intimate Blue Room which stays booked up. We had never sat in the Wine Vault before so we were excited. It started off a little shaky because our server Sarah was slow to greet us but she recovered nicely and her service was great. The main thing absent from our visit was Italian music playing. My wife fixed this by bringing up a station on Spotify on her iPhone. My wife ordered the Crab Stuffed Portabella – 18.99 Grilled Portabello mushroom with fresh baked blue crab stuffing over risotto with sautéed spinach cremoso. I ordered the Shrimp Scampi – 16.99 Shrimp sautéed in a lemon, herb, olive oil, tossed with sundried tomatoes and served over cappellini pasta and we split a Naples Caesar Salad – whole 7.99; w/ entree 4.99 Our food was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Our six year daughter completed her third year of ballet/tap with her recital Saturday night 5/25. Last year we brought her to Naples after her second ballet/tap recital. Apparently that visit resonated in her memory so she requested to go back this year too! We ordered her the kid's portion of Fettuccini Alfredo and my wife ordered the Maryland Style Crab Cakes – 7.99
Blue crab meat sautéed in olive oil until golden brown with a caper tarragon remoulade sauce and a a Naples Caesar Salad – whole 7.99; w/ entree 4.99 I ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo – 8.99
Pecorino Romano sauce tossed with fettuccini pasta and I added on peas, onions or mushrooms 1.99. Our food yet again was absolutely amazing and we had a fantastic time. Our server Justin was quite busy with large tables and he still managed to give us excellent service and I told him too.

Naples has been a family celebration dining destination of ours for years and we intend on going back for many more to come. I highly recommend a visit to Naples if you find yourself hungry for fine Italian food while in Knoxville, TN.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were in the back room it was damp and dirty. The ceiling tiles were stained. The ceiling fans had clumps of dust hanging off them. The food was just ok the pasta sauce has a burnt taste. Not sure why people go to this place.

1  Thank SunTn
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had traditional lasagna from an extensive menu and was not disappointed. Service was good and overall this place is a good value.

1  Thank TN-Worm