“Dependably satisfying”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Gluten free menu, utterly friendly staff, with Outbacks' fine balance of savory foods--steaks and chops, fish and fowl, excellent salads--and salad dressings. Many choices to please most palates and any size appetite.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to stop for lunch before checking in to our hotel in Knoxville. We have an Outback Steakhouse that we go to that is close to were we live so were looking forward to one of our favorite lunch, soup and sandwich. WE were promptly seated but the waitress was slow to take our order. After a long wait she brings our lunch and though mine was just okay my husbands was not very good. He ordered the lunch combo, it was supposed to be a half of filet melt with au jous dip. It was instead a quarter of a sandwich with tough beef and cold au jous. When he wanted a cup of coffee she finally noticed us and came over gave him a cup and told me I would have to wait for a refill since she was making a new pot. They had very little business and the help seemed more interested in standing around in the back talking than attending to the customers. This is the second Outback that we have been in the past few months that has had unaccepitable service and food not up to par. At one time we could depend on all of the restaurants having high standards but no more. The one we have is close to home and great, we often go and sometimes take friends and family. I wish they would work on their franchise so you could depend on them no matter were you traveled. From now on we will not be stopping at Outback when we are out of town.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Didn't have to wait for a table, they found one in the bar area, which was fine, as we wanted to check out the football games. Dinner was fast and delicious, as one usually gets at an Outback. Enjoyed every minute.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

First let me say I am not sure about the Peters rd location being the one we had dinner at. It was in West Knoxville just off the interstate.
We were there to celebrate my fathers 86 birthday. The bloomin onion was inedible;greasy and dark brown. Obviously old cooking oil. I ordered prime rib rare. 1 minutes later I was informed the best they could do was medium, mabye. I opted for the Victoria filet as did my father. Of the 4 dinners only one was acceptable, salmon. Both filets looked like a piece of liver, thin not the usual 1 1/2 inch thick tender outback filet.My wife's chicken breast was dry and overcooked. Since we had waited because of the prime rib debacle and the server was inattentive we decided to just eat and get the hell out of there.
After returning home to Florida I decided to e-mail Outback corporate and let them know about our experience...no response. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and e-mailed a second time.....still no response.
I've eaten at Outback's all over the country since the 80's and never had an experience like this.
It'll be a very long time, if ever, I return to an Outback anywhere.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The outback on Peters Rd is very close to many hotels and has great food. The wait staff is very nice and personable.