“Buffet so-so, other food is great”

Sitar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #120 of 1,165 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Richlands, Virginia
“Buffet so-so, other food is great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

The buffet at Sitar tended to be very hit or miss, but everything I ordered off the menu was delicious. I basically just started ordering takeout from the menu, which was always good. I liked their korma very well and they always made it spicy enough for me. I suggest it for takeout more than anything.

Visited November 2013

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Amazing restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is one of the best indian restaurants I have ever been to in Knoxville! They had many varieties of seafood, chicken, lamb, etc but I especially loved the mango lassi drink and the chicken tikka masala with rice. I would recommend this place to all my friends 100%

• Visited October 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I went with my friends for dinner. It was worst Biriyani I ever had in US. Should make at least a good tea................

Knox
“Lunch Buffet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I tried Sitar for lunch and the buffet was not good AT ALL!

The food was really greasy and bland. I suspect I might have a different experience for dinner (a la carte) service but the buffet is definitely not a value.

• Visited September 2013
Knoxville
“Indian cuisine, well done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Best of the few Indian places in Knoxville. A converted fast-food building so no real ambiance except the wall decor, music, accents of the servers, AND papadam (crisp lentil wafers with condiments set on your table before ordering). Several good Indian beers and good vegetarian choices -- although excellent meat pakoras (stuffed pastries) my favorite non-veg treat. Attentive service.

• Visited October 2013