“One of our favorte Knoxville restaurants”

Sitar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #130 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I eat regularly at Sitar, driving an hour from rural Tennessee to get our Indian food fix. After 20 plus years spoiled by excellent ethnic restaurants in Washington, DC, I was delighted to find this unassuming spot. It looks like a drive-through fast food joint from the outside but is intimate and warm inside. My husband favors the vegetarian entrees while I go for chicken or lamb. We've thoroughly enjoyed everything from the pappadam and samosas to the rice pudding and carrot pudding for dessert. They have a nice wine selection as well. While the waitstaff is always pleasant, service can be uneven but that's usually a minor complaint. We've had the lunch buffet here twice and been very satisfied by the selections. Sitar is finding a lot more competition in recent months from two new Indian restaurants but we will continue to be regulars here.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am from India.This restaurant puts Indian cuisine to shame:( I really tried to like it. Visited it a number of times.The only thing I liked was their Naan.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

we been this restaurant many times and all the time we had good experience nice food, nice service,when they are busy still they try to give you best service staff is very nice and owner is so good so polite we love to go every time,everyone one must try one time very nice service, nice food worth it your visit.we been there many times and every time we don't have any complain go for it every one.........

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sitar is an amazing Indian food restaurant, in fact, it is our family's favorite restaurant in Knoxville. The quality of the food is great and everything is very delicious, especially the vegetable korma--yum,yum. We used to live in Washington DC and have traveled all over the world, eating lots of Indian food everywhere we go, and Sitar is the best Indian food we have ever had, with the exception of an award-winning place Bali, Indonesia, but needless to say, we don't get back there too often. I promise that if you eat here once, you will make this a regular stop.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I must first say, I have never had Indian food so my rating of the food quality has no comparison. with that said, I loved it. At first glance from the outside I was a little concerned but interior I found inviting and comfortable. We asked the waiter what he recommended and he gave us some choices, however, we went with something that gave us a sample of several items. Let me just say, they were not sample size as we had plenty of food for another full meal and then some. I found the food to be great and the prices reasonable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We will be back.