“Always a seafood favorite!”
Review of Chesapeake's

Chesapeake's
Ranked #12 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Love to celebrate birthdays or holidays here with dear friends. But no need to celebrate to have an excuse for dining here!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Took some friends out for a fancy get-together. Went here based on reputation. should have gone somewhere else. My wife's tuna was so undercooked that she couldn't eat it. I understand you don't want to overcook it, but this was ridiculous.

The reviews on the meal that night ran from Yuck to Meh to Okay, and we're talking about a party of 10. The best dish of the night? Chicken. :P

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a long day in meetings, I opted for carry-out, which in itself, makes the food not quite as good. The crab bisque was delicious as well as the oysters. Not as crazy about the crabcakes. Bartender was very nice and speedy on getting my order together.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Chesapeake's for my grandmother's birthday and loved it. It was a little slow getting started but once the server greeted us it was up hill from there. The server was attentive and efficient and the food was great. I had the surf and turf (filet & grilled scallops) and the mac & cheese. It was awesome. The steak was a perfect medium rare and the scallops grilled to perfection. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. It is a little pricey but will return!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife & I dined here for a friend's rehearsal dinner. We had never heard of the restaurant since we had never stayed in Knoxville before. The food was excellent, and the staff was very attentive & professional. We had a pre-selected menu with a couple of options for the rehearsal dinner. I had the filet with the Neva's potatoes and Delaware pie for dessert. My wife had the crab cakes with spinach & key lime pie for dessert. All were excellent! I don't order filet that often, but I have to say this was probably the best I've had. It just melted in my mouth. My wife's crab cakes were also the best I've had. All of the crab cakes I've ever tasted had a good amount of crab, but also had a lot of filling to keep them together. These crab cakes had LUMP pieces of crab, and hardly any filler - excellent. It was also a nice to have the local microbrew, Cherokee. We definitely enjoyed this place and will return when we're in Knoxville again.