“Good Calzone”

Tomato Head
Ranked #5 of 1,179 Restaurants in Knoxville
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We believe less processed food tastes better. Not only does it taste better, it's much healthier too. You'll notice this difference in our house made dressings and handcrafted pizzas, as well as in our colorful salads and sandwiches. Fresh produce from East Tennessee farmers like Hines Valley Farm, Mountain Meadows Farm and Colvin Family Farm is featured in our daily specials. Well known for our vegan and vegetarian dishes, our menu has plenty for the carnivore. All of our proteins are nitrate/nitrite free, all natural and antibiotic free. Our house made lamb sausage is cooked in small batches to ensure freshness. Our sister bakery, Flour Head Bakery, prepares all of the Tomato Head's desserts and breads (including gluten free!) Each morning. By using unbleached and unbromated King Arthur Flour, we create healthier and better tasting pizza dough and sandwich breads. We also can easily accommodate your dietary needs. Whether it's a nut allergy, a preference for vegan fare or a gluten sensitivity, our staff will craft a dish to suit your tastes.
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
“Good Calzone”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very friendly staff and the waitress was very friendly. I ordered a small Caesar Salad. I'd say it was just OK. It was a decent size, but the dressing, which I think was homemade, just didn't appeal to me. I'm not saying it was bad, it just wasn't for me. I ordered a calzone. That was delicious. Very generous portion. I would definitely order that again. Price was reasonable. It looks like it is under renovations but the renovations did not interfere with anything.

LaGrange, Georgia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Everything is good here! The pizza with andouille sausage and black beans and the ob boy sandwich are my fav. The salads are really good, especially with the sesame dressing. Great place for lunch

Visited March 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Yes and their pizza is worth every bite”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had not visited since they had started the remodeling and using the new space. If you haven't been in recent months and stopped coming due to the crowded quarters, come on back. The pizza is just as tasty as ever with a wide choice of toppings and so is the Greek salad. The only change I would have made would be to order the smaller salad, as the portions are more than ample. Our server was very friendly and informed about the total menu. A strong four stars.

East TN
“consistantly delicious”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I come here when we are craving a pizza, but don't want the guilt. They use fresh ingredients in their unique already chosen combinations and their wide variety of choose your own toppings. The staff is well informed about ingredients and are ready to make suggestions for special needs diets.

• Visited January 2014
Capon Springs, West Virginia
“Lunch here was sooooo good!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My family and I had lunch here and it was really good. The menu offered a lot from which to choose. Food choices were very health conscious. Three of us had cheese quesadillas and one had a calzone. The portions were generous. The blend of the cheeses in the quesadillas was delicious, and the salsa and sour cream to go with it were just right. The calzone bread had such a light texture that was great. We all were pleased. The waitress was very nice, attentive and pleasant. I'd never been here before, but I'll go back any time!