“West Knoxville location is really great”
Review of Tomato Head

Tomato Head
Ranked #7 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We believe less processed food tastes better. Not only does it taste better, it's much healthier too. You'll notice this difference in our house made dressings and handcrafted pizzas, as well as in our colorful salads and sandwiches. Fresh produce from East Tennessee farmers like Hines Valley Farm, Mountain Meadows Farm and Colvin Family Farm is featured in our daily specials. Well known for our vegan and vegetarian dishes, our menu has plenty for the carnivore. All of our proteins are nitrate/nitrite free, all natural and antibiotic free. Our house made lamb sausage is cooked in small batches to ensure freshness. Our sister bakery, Flour Head Bakery, prepares all of the Tomato Head's desserts and breads (including gluten free!) Each morning. By using unbleached and unbromated King Arthur Flour, we create healthier and better tasting pizza dough and sandwich breads. We also can easily accommodate your dietary needs. Whether it's a nut allergy, a preference for vegan fare or a gluten sensitivity, our staff will craft a dish to suit your tastes.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I ate at Tomato Head West this evening and it was really great. Really nice ambiance: good energy, nice space, friendly service. We went early (6:00 pm) and were seated right away. They have some really nice beers on tap, and their wine menu is value-priced.
We had the hummus plate with blue corn chips. They both were really good. I had a 9" pizza for dinner. The andouille sausage was just superb: nice smoky, musky flavor. It was just wonderful. The crust was done to perfection. My wife had the chef salad, and she thought it was really good.
All in all, this was one of the better casual meals we've had in Knoxville in a long, long time. You get tremendous value for your money here. Don't miss it!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This may be OK for some but we just did not like it at all. Service was just OK...it's just not for us!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Good spot to eat some pizza. They use local products which i liked. You can see the guys making the pizzas from the front window if you sit outside which is kinda neat. You can choose from their specialty pizzas or choose your own toppings. There are three sections of toppings with the price ranging from $0.85 - $1.50ish per topping with a basic pizza at about $8-9.The pizza was good, service and prices ok.my husband had the sweet tea there and he didn't like it, had to ask for a coke-mind you be loves sweet tea and other area restaurants got it right...not sure what happened here that it was so watered down but even the waitress said "wait,let me get you another one because this is almost all water"...should've changed at that point. Would go back maybe for lunch, but not my first choice.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was a bit surprised at the prices for a small (9") plain pizza, especially when you have to add in extras - it was kinda pricey (comparable to big city prices). But ... the crust was tender, the cheese was plentiful and the sauce was good. I was very glad I added the local "Benton's bacon" to the topping list! It is a smokey, salty addition which really gave the pizza some zing. If you are a bacon lover, be sure to consider that as a topping choice.

The atmosphere is very loud - especially the more crowded it is. Tables are bare and decor is nothing special. Really disappointed that their "parmesan" is the dried out, crumbly, green-can kind of stuff that is mostly wax and preservatives. Service was friendly and prompt - no worries there.

If I'm in the area and in the mood for pizza, I would definitely give it a try again- especially for the Benton's bacon topping!

Thank TwoTravelersToG... A
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ate here on a beautiful summer evening. The outside patio is a perfect place to sit and people watch. Pizza was very good and nice selection of beer. I recommend the lamb and sun dried tomato pizza. Service was great.