“Great food and food allergy list”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Vonore, Tennessee
“Great food and food allergy list”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our first visit to this Macaroni Grill, but we have been to several others. The food and service was very good. They add new items to the menu occasionally which is a nice change. Hubby likes their Caesar salad, and the calamari appetizer has always been good. They have a list they bring you if you ask about food allergies. It's very conservative and I know I've had some dishes on the "Peanut" list and lived to talk about it. But better safe than sorry. The dishes are consistently good. We took advantage of the 1/2 price house wine, and took most of the bottle home with us. The house is a nice chianti type wine and they are Big bottles!

• Visited May 2013

Clinton, Tennessee
“Strange problems, good food”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I don't know what it is with this place. I love the food but every time I go in there is a different problem. I've had orders gotten wrong (they comped the meal), bottles of olive oil dropped (and broke) in front of the table and a special discount they forgot about after I gave it to them. This was in three different trips, not all at once. Has it stopped me from coming back? No. I like the restaurant's food and I like the staff. It's just strange that these things keep happening. They used to be in the Rewards Dining Program that several airlines and hotels use and that was great. Unfortunately they dropped out of the program. I'll still go, just not as often.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank zenarmour
Knoxville, Tennessee
“1/2 Price Wine in the Summer!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This used to be our family staple for birthdays and has always been a favorite Knoxville restaurant. Kids (and adults) enjoy the butcher paper table coverings for drawing and games while you wait, and the atmosphere mimics an Italian courtyard. I've been here both in couple and family situations, and I think it can go either way depending on the crowd that night. However, there are most likely going to be families with kids, babies, etc, so don't expect low lighting, candles or an ultra romantic experience. The highlight of the last visit was the half price bottles of wine and the periodic soloist entertaining in the dining room. Rosemary bread with olive oil and cracked pepper to start you off is always delicious, too. The food is not cheap, but it won't break the budget. I had quadratini with eggplant and had plenty left to take home. The tiramisu was good, too. This is a good birthday destination as they often sing to you in Italian and offer you a complimentary dessert of your choice--not the old hot fudge sundae standby as in most restaurants. My only complaint for the last couple visits here is that the service seems to have gone down hill from what I remember as a kid/teen. It's not bad, but it seemed like there were a lot of employees standing around. It was not extremely crowded on a Thursday night, but our group still had to wait longer than necessary for salads (ended up coming after the entrees) and to-go boxes.

• Visited July 2013
Illinois
“Good Food, Not a Bargain”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I ordered take-out and had to wait for 35 minutes for it to be prepared. However, the chicken dish ($13) was good and the roll was wonderful. The bartender could have used a lesson in food safety, but was friendly.

Visited July 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee, Usa
“So So Italian”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Love the 1/2 price bottle of wine, but the food was average at best. Service was OK, but server had to be reminded to do a couple of things a second time.

• Visited July 2013