“Great food, great service.”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Great food, great service.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We love eating here, the food is always fresh and affordable and the service is great. We did notice all the servers wearing jeans the last couple of visits which I think is a little casual for this nice if a restaurant, other then that it was great.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Just average”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

As others have noted, Macaroni Grill has changed since the lated 1990's and not for the better. The restaraunt is well designed but the food doesn't deliver on quality. I ordered Butternut Squash Tortillini from the "Specials" list and although it was tender the pasta was very bland. Left at least half of it on the plate. We had the stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and although the sausage stuffing was flavorful the mushrooms were tough and stringy. The dip for the bread was just a generic olive oil poured over blackpepper sprinkled on a plate - no garlic, rosemary, or other herbs.

One thing I have never encountered before was the house chianti was served in a water glass! A guest a nearby table had a glass of white wine and it was served in a proper wine glass. Maybe all the wine glasses were in use when I ordered

Definitely will not return because there are to many great restaurants in this area.

• Visited January 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I can't remember what I ate there, but it was so good. It had a lot of cheese in it and pasta. I only went there once back in the late 1990s.

Tennessee
“This is Sea Bass???”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Macaroni Grill was one of my favorite restaurants for years until they changed their menu and the food quality went down tremendously.

We decided to give it another chance. I saw the sea bass on the menu and was excited as sea bass is a fish you can almost never mess up. It is usually cooked tender and falls apart like butter when you eat it.

When it came out to the table, I was shocked to see the sea bass cut thin like a pancake. It was lightly breaded and pan seared and looked like 3-4 ounces of fish. It was so dry that I only ate half of it. My side item was an arugula salad with tomatoes. Wow. What a strange combination! I mean no side vegetable at all. This meal cost 19.00 ( for lunch) which would have been fine if the sea bass was a normal portion of about 2 - 3 inches thick.

I stopped ordering their salmon years ago because the 2" thick salmon was down sized to about 1/2" thick. It was always overcooked since it is hard to cook fish that thin without drying it out.

We will not be back.

• Visited November 2012
Cumming, Georgia
“Great Choice Anytime !!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and love Italian food so we were happy to find a Romano's Macaroni Grill in Knoxville, Tn. We are fans of these restaurants and usually eat in them whenever we find them while we travel. This one did not disappoint us, the food and service were excellent. It is nice when traveling to find a restaurant that is dependable and is also a great value. I would definately recomend this Macaroni Grill.

• Visited August 2012