“First time at a Carrabba's...mediocre and overhyped!!! Filthy restroom”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #51 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria, Virginia
“First time at a Carrabba's...mediocre and overhyped!!! Filthy restroom”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

A friend of mine lives in the area and I had dinner with him at this location after hearing him rant and rave about it for years. The service was excellent and speedy.

The food portions were microscopic for the price paid. I don't mind paying for quality food, but it was mediocre at best....not terrible, but not certainly fine dining. Typical chain restaurant fare and not fine independent dining.

The wait was very long but that was to be expected on a Sunday night. We waited for about 30 minutes for a table. My friend said that the previous manager was no longer there and we both discussed how filthy the men's restroom was. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days and there was paper overflowing in the trash receptacle; water all over the floor near the sink and basically it was nasty.

It made us wonder how clean the kitchen was in light of that. I would not eat here again unless someone convinced me otherwise. There are way too many other places to eat in west Knoxville that are better for the price and cleaner.

• Visited July 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Still serving during remodel”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Carrabba's is undergoing a remodel and since they are not open during the day Monday thru Thursday is when the majority of ex work is being done. The remodel is opening up the restaurant making it not feel so dark. The service remains outstanding, the food freshly prepared and excellent. Now open for lunch on Friday it makes a great place to start your weekend off. We are always warmly welcomed by the entire staff. A great place to dine in Knoxville.

• Visited June 2014
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“Always a great place to make memories”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Have never had a bad meal in this restaurant, never--that includes service. My last meal there was amazing--seafood salad w/crisp veggies, scrumptious scallops & tasty shrimp. And while I highly recommend the food, the service is what keeps bringing my family back. When my mom became disabled, they went above & beyond to help us and were so considerate of her. When my mom became homebound, their takeout service fit the bill! And now that my mom is gone, my sisters, myself & our dad can go there & have great memories of our times w/her--would recommend highly!

• Visited June 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The food is very nice at this place. It's a good menu too. The pizzas are made in house in wood fired oven, and are worth a try! The price is on the high side compared to surrounding restaurants. The dessert menu could be improved though (no creme brûlée!).

Santa Barbara, California
“Fast, yummy and convenient”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I ate twice at this restaurant and enjoyed the food and expedient service. Very friendly staff as well!

Visited May 2014