“Good Sunday Brunch”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Homberg Dr
“Good Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Failed to check the recent health score, but we tried The Orangery again this past weekend, and the food seemed better than it had been in a while. The potato casserole was piping hot and tasty, the bacon was very good, the bloody mary was perfect, the mahi mahi over rice was very good.

• Visited June 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“OK dinner, nice charity support ”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at the Orangery a few times however on this occasion we went because they were supporting a charity. I believe it's great that they have events such as this. On this particular Monday the event was hamburgers. We all ordered the special, which was fine, no complaints. Each of us ordered wine. When I requested a second glass instead of getting a new, fresh glass the server brought the bottle over and poured a regular pour into my existing glass that was not empty. I was rather shocked but didn't say anything because I wanted to see if perhaps it was happy hour. When I got my bill I was charged full price for two glasses. Again I didn't complain I just paid and left. I did mention to the table that I thought that was all odd. To be honest I am not sure I will go back for dinner.
Just be aware of odd bar practices. I don't know if this is the norm, no one else at my table had the same experience.
As for food the hamburgers were tasty and service was otherwise pleasant.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice light meal in the courtyard”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Enjoyed a casual dinner in the courtyard and then read the newspaper to see the restaurant again scored poorly with health inspection - 72 out of 100 (Feb 24, 2014). This is becoming a tradition that needs attention.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Vistar
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A great place for a special occassion!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Orangery is a great place if you want to have a very special meal in a superior atmosphere. It really is like being in a nice French Bistro. The food and service were exceptional, and the piano music in the background was just perfect.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank busyguyinGreensboro
Kingston, Tennessee
“As always, great food; service not so great.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We recently visited the Orangery for the Monday night burger promotion, and the hamburgers were fabulous(and it helps out a good cause when you purchase one). Wish I couldsay the same for the service! We've enjoyed a few meals here, and usually the staff is exceptional. From ordering , to getting the food, to even trying to pay, SUPER SLOW. Also, our server had no personality, and he acted like he really didn't want to be there. I hate to go into an establishment and have them act as if they are doing me a favor by waiting on me especially a place like the Orangery that should have some of the best service in town! We'll visit again, I'm sure, but I hope they're more on their "game" next time.

• Visited January 2014