“Happy Hour Deals (this location)”

Calhoun's on Bearden Hill
Ranked #29 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've always liked Calhoun's. There are certain things I like about the different Knoxville locations (atmosphere/location of the river location, sitting in the "pit" at the one near I-140, etc.). This one is the microbrewery, so if you sit in the bar area, you are surrounded by the big beer tanks. The main reason we go to this location is for happy hour. Not all the locations have happy hour, but this one offers $5 appetizers, like wings, spinach dip, etc. and deals on drinks as well. I'm not sure the hours or days, so certainly call ahead. Downside is you have to sit in the bar area for these deals because they like to keep the dining room as a family environment. The bar is not bad--has some high tops and booths, but it can get noisy with people and ballgames on tv. Calhouns in general has great food, but not for a consistent eatery because it is a little to heavy for me to eat all the time. Seasonal specials are often lighter, but the specialize in southern, home cooked style food, so if that's not your preference, go somewhere else. Spinach maria is fantastic.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good food. Love the chicken oriental salad, chicken chili and pretzel with cheese dip. The service is always great.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stopped at Calhouns on the way home after a UT football game. There was not a crowd and we were seated quickly. We know the food there and normally know what we are going to order before viewing the menu. The food is above average and the service is very good if they are not crowded.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

A large group of us dined at Calhoun's on the River in Knoxville. The place is always busy and the food and service are consistently good. Great views of Tennessee River from glassed in area or, in warm weather, in the outdoor seating area.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Just not really my type of food, while they have huge portions my request for a salad with some brisket on top was about 1/2 lb of brisket, then s layer of shredded cheddar cheese, then a little lettuce and some tomatoes. Not much of a salad! Just way too heavy/fatty/oily for me!