“Bland ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have waited to try the new locale to give them a chance but I don’t think
It would have made much difference. In all honesty it’s probably difficult to make the transition from a cool small venue with a fantastic tight vibe —- to a completely corporate atmosphere (less) hotel restaurant vibe. They’ve lost all local feel with the stark sterile decor by some corporate designer cashing in on the latest “grey” craze. Menu presentation was amazingly strange — one 8.5 x 11 piece of card stock with odd clip art. Food and service average. Shrimp toast was all bread, steak frites tough and salty. No interesting seafood. Long wait for drinks. Rough time checking out . Hopefully just an off night. I don’t believe this is progress.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (156)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

If you are about greasy, fried, massive quantity pigging out then this is probably not your kind of place. However, if you care about what goes in your body, helping locally sourced farms, and quality dishes then this is your go to place for a good meal. If Whiskey Cocktails are your thing then the cocktail menu will not disappoint.

This is a new location that I love (I had not been to previous location) - set on a lofted floor inside the beautiful modern bright decor of an Embassy Suites. I valet parked for $16 to meet girlfriends. Once upstairs, with a hostess station at the top of the stair, you will find a small bar set in the corner toward the glass wall on the right that hangs over Gay Street as well as outside dinning beyond that. Tables and Chairs were comfortable.

Menu, although limited, was sufficient for selection in my opinion but I like more foods than not. My friends and I started with the Shrimp Toast which was creamy sweet with a puffed toast approach and I would highly recommend if you like Shrimp or Creamed Seafood Dishes. A Brussel sprout was also ordered for the table but hate to say I did not try one (I was spent on brussels that week - ha!) so can not say on those. I did, however, partake in their Iceberg Wedge which was crisp and delicious. My main entree was a Low Country Shrimp and Grit which was a little sad when it was gone but there was not room to put more or dessert anyway! Very good dinner and I will be bringing my husband back! (The only selfish request for improvement I would make is a few other cocktails that contain an infused vodka and come in a small mason jar for those of us watching the waistline???)

(Note: Two parking garages and parking to street available also)

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

A friend and I had dinner there on a Sunday evening. The physical surroundings are far superior to the former location, it is now very modern and beautifully situated inside the new Embassy Suites. It is slightly less noisy than the former location and is on the second floor up a flight of stairs off the lobby. The menu is small but southern sophisticated. The wine selection was adequate but at $12 for a small glass, a bit disappointing. Our trout entrees were cooked to perfection although the bacon grease and saltiness were not pleasant to me. The real disappointment came with the lime curd parfait which was layered with so much graham bracket crumbles that it was virtually inedible. A little fine tuning needed for what can be a culinary and visually appealing spot! Will definitely give it another chance.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

Same great service. Same great menu....food, drinks, desserts....all great. So why the low review.....these new digs has to be the nosiest venue I have been in ever. I realize the open format on the second floor but the night we visitwd, it wasnt full but you could not carry on a conversation across rhe table. Our waitress had to yell. Acoustics need to be addressed if at all possible.

Date of visit: November 2019
3  Thank 152jimb
Reviewed November 21, 2019 via mobile

Love the new spot!! The atmosphere is certainly different from their previous location with a more modern feel but still great. Service was good, however we were disappointed in the pork rind small plate! They were soggy from sauce and not appetizing. The seasoning and flavor itself was great. Would not recommend the pork rinds. The Mac and cheese was on point! Will definitely be back :)

Date of visit: November 2019