“Beats all Indian restaurants I've been to. In all categories..”
Review of India Cuisine - CLOSED

Atmosphere: 4.5/5
Value: 4/5
Quality of food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
This hotel was the cleanest Indian restaurant I've been to, along with the best food. I eat Indian food out a lot, and this beat my previous favorite by a short margin. Biggest plus point: the price was great and the service was beyond anything expected from a normal Indian restaurant.
Completely lost for words.. A+
Total: 4.5/5

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The restaurant is called Indian Cuisine. I know the name doesn't sound exciting but They have excellent food and superb Dosa! I love this place. Finally an Indian restaurant that does not cater to mild Western taste. Authentic! Keep the good work!

1  Thank FloKnoxville_TN
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was really good, quite authentic and had more choices that are different than the other Indian restaurants in the city which serve primarily North Indian food. This place had South Indian food as well.

1  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I haven't written a review in a while and this one is totally worthy of a review. My husband and I took our friends from out of town there for dinner and our mistake was not going to the Sitar instead. Now...if you want authentic, then this is your restaurant...if your version of authentic means having things in your food that shouldn't be there and being treated as a second class citizen if you're female. Here goes: it began when I ordered a coke and the waiter said, "Diet coke?" when I clearly said coke. I let that one go and gave the waiter the benefit of the doubt. The waiter kept addressing my husband when we ordered. That I also let go and thought perhaps I was reading too much into it. Then the waiter promptly refilled my husband's beverage...and not mine.

Then our friend found a hair in his food. He pointed it out and when the waiter returned he said, "We usually don't allow women in the kitchen" (it was a long hair). Okay...not cool. The waiter kept pushing our friend to take another helping of the same dish despite his continued rejection of that offer. When the waiter kept pushing him to take it, our friend reluctantly agreed. Not cool.

After that, we nervously picked at our food. Then I discovered that my and my husband's lamb dish (we shared our meal), had chicken in it...along with lamb. I wondered if perhaps it was used as a filler with hopes that it wouldn't get noticed. Or perhaps as a woman, I should have been happy to get anything at all. My husband returned our food. We paid for the appetizer and drinks and left. Would I recommend this restaurant? Hells no. Go to the Sitar. I've never had any problems out of that restaurant and the owner always greets me with a hug.

1  Thank lilithmonkey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food here is different than any Indian food I've ever had. I read somewhere that this is South Indian cuisine, which may account for the difference---not sure. I only know that the food is absolutely delicious. The vindaloo was very thick, about as thick as the saag. Both the vindaloo and saag were fantastic. The Mysore dosa was great.

The service was friendly, but otherwise pretty bad. The tandoor was not yet installed, so no naan, no tandoori anything. That forced us to try some different things though. And once we started eating though, we didn't care about the service or unavailable items.

One caveat: on the first visit, the lamb dishes had bones. This wasn't accidental---the pieces of lamb were still attached to the bones. The next time, no bones. But the lamb was actually the best with the bones attached.