“Very good BBQ Pork”

Archer's BBQ
Ranked #112 of 1,181 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: When folks ask for the key to making moist, tender, drop-dead delicious barbeque, they expect us to ramble on about sauce, marinades and rubs. Those are all important, but what it really comes down to is selecting the best meat and then slowly cooking and smoking that meat to perfection. We know that if we take care of business on that end, the pork, ribs and chicken that we put on your plate will be the best you ever tasted.
“Very good BBQ Pork”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I have been here three times the past few months. The staff are always nice here. We really like the pork BBQ. I get it on a bun with coleslaw and add their signature sauce on it. My husband likes the ribs too. We did try their brisket and it did have good flavor but it was dried out. So stick with the pork. I like their stewed green beans, coleslaw, and sweet potato chips. My husband likes the greens. The potato salad is heavy on the sour cream and the BBQ beans are ok. I would give this place an excellent rating but last Saturday we were there the tables and floor were dirty. I had to put down paper towels on the table before I would eat off of it.

• Visited July 2014

Kingston, Tennessee
“Best BBQ of all time!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is it. The good stuff. I've lived in Asheville with the famous 12 Bones which is frequented by our President. If he really wants good BBQ, he should try Archer's. Way better. Gluten free! The staff are awesome!! Everything is top notch delicious. The sides are amazing - especially the greens, even if you don't like greens. All the meat is the best you've ever had. Just go here. Trust me. It's the best!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank StaceyPepper
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We ate here Saturday July 12th for the first time. We got to sample a rib as we decided what to get. My wife got a half rack and I got the 2 meat plate. Both meals we delicious. Plenty of food, reasonable price, plenty of sauces to experiment with and very helpful and outgoing staff. We plan to go back again soon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My sister brought me some BBQ from Archers and now it's the only place I'll go for BBQ. Excellent food and service!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank christina l
“MMM MMM MMM”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I go to Archer's on my lunch break. I love the pulled chicken. It's very good. My favorite is the Friday special--chicken sandwich with buffalo sauce. Their sweet tea is always perfect. Their loaded potato salad is AMAZING! You must try it! Their sweet potato chips are delicious and I love their cole slaw. When I went today during lunch, the special was FREE banana pudding! SO GOOD! I have always had great service. This place gets two thumbs up, A+++, gold stars....

• Visited June 2014