“Amazing ribs!”

Archer's BBQ
Ranked #159 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: When folks ask for the key to making moist, tender, drop-dead delicious barbeque, they expect us to ramble on about sauce, marinades and rubs. Those are all important, but what it really comes down to is selecting the best meat and then slowly cooking and smoking that meat to perfection. We know that if we take care of business on that end, the pork, ribs and chicken that we put on your plate will be the best you ever tasted.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Food was great. Prices were a bit high for the amount if food. Overall was great. Wouldn't eat there regularly due to prices. But would splurge occasionally.

4  Thank TracyL1986

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our family really enjoyed eating here passing through Knoxville. It is conveniently located and not too far off of I-40. The staff was very helpful and let us sample the meats and the sides! Their potato salad tastes like a cold baked potato with sour cream! It is very good but different from any other potato salad that we had tasted! The baked beans are wonderful too! We enjoyed the ribs and pulled pork during our visit! We were also impressed with the cleanliness of the restaurant!

4  Thank Lindsay K
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sauces great, pulled pork smokey and amazing, ribs were juicy and precut, which saves the hands and rinse and wash afterwards. Yes its true they have the best potato salad on the planet. Todays batch and a big hunk of bacon in mine, (mouth drooling). Its the best bbq in Knoxville!

3  Thank D R
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a good place for take out BBQ Pulled pork has exceptionally good taste with zesty sauces, even mild Memphis sauce has a kick. Great baked beans with pork or bacon and green peppers. Good cole slaw. Reasonably priced. Feed 3 or 4 for at home for about $20.

3  Thank OttandBert
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We moved to Knoxville 7 years ago; our previous "hometown" had 3 wonderful BBQ restaurants by which we judge all BBQ places. In 7 years time in Knoxville we found 1 BBQ place that was "just o.k." --- then we found Archers! Oh...my....goodness! (and I do mean GOODNESS!!) Their BBQ is amazing! Its not a fancy place, but the food makes up for it. We are so fortunate to live approximately 2 miles from their Oak Ridge Hwy. location. All their sauces are wonderful, their Loaded Baked Potato potato salad is divine and the collards...oh my the collards! I hate collards, have hated them all my life, but oh how I LOVE Archers' collards! Everything we have tried at Archers so far has been wonderful and the employees have been amazing as well. Not sure you'll like a side? As for a taste, they'll give you a sample to try before you buy. My husband always wants a Prime Rib dinner for his birthday, this year he wanted Archers BBQ! I can't say enough good things about Archers foods...you'll just have to come give them a try!

1  Thank Tracy S