“Excellent ribs!”

Archers BBQ
Ranked #35 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: When folks ask for the key to making moist, tender, drop-dead delicious barbeque, they expect us to ramble on about sauce, marinades and rubs. Those are all important, but what it really comes down to is selecting the best meat and then slowly cooking and smoking that meat to perfection. We know that if we take care of business on that end, the pork, ribs and chicken that we put on your plate will be the best you ever tasted.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have eaten and prepared alot of BBQ in my time and this is some of the best, in my opinion . Nicely smoked throughout. Abundantly meaty and excellent taste.
My wife had been after me to go here after she sampled some at the K'town Zoo Feast last year.
So I finally had the time to take her there...as a surprise. And she was and so was I !!
The place is very clean and the staff is polite and talkative in a courteous manner. Portions were favorable. The prices were in line with everywhere else. I had the loaded potato salad and beans for sides and they were also excellent.
If I had to list a drawback it would have to be in the lack of beer selection. But, heck, I came for the BBQ ...not the beer RIGHT???!
I meant to take a photo of my meal but was too hungry to wait. Sorry..
Give them a visit and you too will be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Dee F

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped by Archer's and had a great lunch. We ended up ordering another 2 lbs to take back to DC for friends. The ribs are spicy and sweet. The portions are generous. The staff are totally stoked about their bar-b-que. Their excitement about their food is contagious. I loved this place!

2  Thank DianefromDC
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Bbq Is Very Good But Too Expensive For. A Lunch What I would Call A Regular Size Sandwich A Small Cup of SLAW And a Med COKE $12.75 Dead End BBQ has this place beat by a longshot

1  Thank Barry M
Archers B, Owner at Archers BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

When you quoted prices, you must have confused Archers BBQ with Dead End BBQ. We forgive you. A regular sandwich, a side and a drink cost $9.25 at Archers BBQ. A regular sandwich and a side (not including the drink) cost $8.50 at Dead End BBQ. If you want to compare apples to apples, Archers BBQ sells 1 pound of pork for $11 and Dead End BBQ sells 1 pound of pork for $14. And, our food is so much better than Dead End, that I ENCOURAGE READERS to try Dead End BBQ first. Then, bring your Dead End BBQ receipt to Archers BBQ, and WE WILL BUY YOU A FREE LUNCH/DINNER just to give any and all customers the opportunity to properly compare our BBQ to Dead End!

"Friends Dont Let Friends Drive Down Dead Ends"

Archer Bagley

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had the pulled pork sandwich and potato salad. Pork was really good and juicy with a nice smoke flavor. It bordered on a 5-star meal. Unfortunately, none of the sauces really stood out. The "original" was by far the best, but the KC was too watery and didn't really taste like KC barbecue, at least to me. But the original was good enough to give a 4-star rating for the overall meal.

The potato salad had a sour cream base; I've never had that before but I really want to have it again. It was amazing. I generally don't like regular mayo-based potato salads but I still loved this one. Archer's might be worth the trip just for that.

Also have to say, the service was outstanding. They gave me recommendations since I was a first-timer and were extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the combo meal was a really good value.

1  Thank jfranco77
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ordered Ribs, potato salad, and green beans. The ribs were VERY, VERY good, but they had a little too much rub on them for my taste, and were a little on the dry side. BUT it was Sunday just after noon. I am sure they had been kept from the night before. It's going to happen. But constructive criticism: Soak the ribs in warm apple juice over night if you are going to serve them up the next day. The sides were both VERY good! The potato salad and green beans both were very unique but awesome! My biggest criticism was the atmosphere. Your food is awesome! You need an atmosphere to match! Decorate, give it some flavor in there. Graffiti is not flavor. It just looks like someone decided to write on your walls and you decided to leave it. From all your reviews on trip advisor, I was expecting to see something awesome when I showed up. I didn't. But I did get some very good food, and the service was good too. Hope this review helps. I know it may be hard to hear some of it, but realize that I am saying it because I want you to succeed and be there for a long time!

1  Thank Jamie R