“Spicy but good”

Archers BBQ
Ranked #57 of 1,200 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: When folks ask for the key to making moist, tender, drop-dead delicious barbeque, they expect us to ramble on about sauce, marinades and rubs. Those are all important, but what it really comes down to is selecting the best meat and then slowly cooking and smoking that meat to perfection. We know that if we take care of business on that end, the pork, ribs and chicken that we put on your plate will be the best you ever tasted.
Reviewed February 4, 2014

You drive up to a hole in the wall, which are usually the best hidden spots, and you instantly smell the bbq. The food was outstanding. Tender pulled pork, creamy cole slaw, and spicy baked beans. They had 6 different house made saucesto choose from. Plus stuff for the kids. We will be back the next we travel through.

1  Thank jlawoodburn25

Reviewed February 1, 2014

It was rated one of the top BBQ places in Knoxville to eat. Not for the atmosphere but for the good food. Ribs both dry and slathered were excellent. Atmosphere was down home, open, well lit mommas kitchen style.

1  Thank J M
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Being a fairly successful competition BBQ cook I'm a little harder to please than most, and seldom impressed. But the BBQ at Archer's is great! I had the pulled pork and my wife had the chicken, and we were both very pleased! Prices were very reasonable, too! I wouldn't bother driving to Knoxville from Maryville to eat anyone's BBQ but Archer's! We will go back!

1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Ribs!! Get a rack and share it (if you can!). Their dry rub is amazing and then they sprinkle brown sugar all over while smoking...no need for sauce - tasty!!

I don't like collard greens but they have some super fresh, non-wilted ones cooked up - best I've ever had.

Good small micro brew collection.

Friendly service willing to discuss their BBQ.

If I'm back in Knoxville - this will be a mandatory stop!

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I was totally bummed coming down Interstate 75 from Cincinnati because I passed a very good BBQ establishment near Corbin, KY. We had been talking about this stop for the last few days and even arranged our travel to get there at lunchtime.
I just wasn't paying attention! What to do???

I opened TripAdvisor on my iPhone and found, to my amazement, that within an hour, I would be within striking distance of Archers BBQ to the West of Knoxville.

Most excellent location. But even wit Siri and Google maps, I drove right by it, a quick U Turn at the cemetery, and we had arrived. We each had a pulled pork sandwich which was smokey and very moist with the BBQ sauce smothered on top. The bun was tasty and firm , and did not get soggy .

The sides were wonderful.

A staff member recommended baked potato salad, which was very tasty- and the baked beans - which were smoky and had a zip to them! We also enjoyed cold slaw.The sides were certainly enough for the two of us.

What a wonderful find --- we will certainly be back next time in town!!